3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2008 5:54 AM by heathrowe

Problems inserting a Fireworks navigation bar in Dreamweaver

admaldo Level 1
      I designed a navigation bar in Fireworks. When I preview it works fine and I exported it as a "HTML and Images" file type. I used Dreamweaver to insert it through Insert, Image Objects, Fireworks HTML, I browse the html file, but when I click OK it displays the message: "The selected file is not the correct format. Please select an HTML file which was exported from Fireworks". What am I doing wrong. Is it the file format when I export it? Please help me, I am a rookie with this, have no manuals, no training at all, just you.
        • 1. Re: Problems inserting a Fireworks navigation bar in Dreamweaver
          rsutter
          Use Export Wizard when you are ready to finalize
          1. Make sure you have set up your export with slices.
          2. Before you export, make sure you have chosen
          export : HTML and Images
          HTML: Export HTML File
          Slices: Export Slices
          click put images in sub folder
          Browse: create a sub folder name and 'point' to it so graphics will be contained

press export

Go to Dreamweaver and click from pull down menu: Insert/Image Objects/Fireworks HTML

find your 'html' you created with Fireworks and voila... it should work!!
          • 2. Re: Problems inserting a Fireworks navigation bar in Dreamweaver
            elysharae
            I have the same problem: I designed a navigation bar in Fireworks. When I preview it works fine and I exported it as a "HTML and Images" file type. I used Dreamweaver to insert it through Insert, Image Objects, Fireworks HTML, I browse the html file, but when I click OK it displays the message: "The selected file is not the correct format. Please select an HTML file which was exported from Fireworks". What am I doing wrong. Is it the file format when I export it? Please help me, I am a rookie with this, have no manuals, no training at all, just you.

I followed your directions and still received the same error. What can I do?

• 3. Re: Problems inserting a Fireworks navigation bar in Dreamweaver
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant
              Follow rsutter's directions, BUT, ALSO, when you get to the Export dialog, click the Options button command, then on the General Tab > set HTML Style:Dreamweaver HTML.

This adds a few lines of comment code in the final html file so that the Dw > Insert > Fireworks Html will work.

h