3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2005 7:17 AM by (Colin_Walls)

Date and Time lost when upgraded to PSA/SE 3.0

I have upgraded from Photoshop Album Starter Edition 2.0 to 3.0 - my tags seem to be intact, but the dates on all of the photos reverted back to January 1, 2003 regardless when I took them. There was no warning about this happening, no recommendation to back up the files in a way to save the date info. I had spent hours posting corrected dates into many of my photos when accessed by PSA/SE 2.0 only to have all that work dissappear once the upgrade was installed. I liked being able to search for photos based on approximate date taken. I realize there is not likely any quick way to restore the dates, but if there is I'd sure like to know.
        • 1. Re: Date and Time lost when upgraded to PSA/SE 3.0
          Level 1
          Something is very strange here. This should be impossible, as the date information is stored in every image file and PSA SE would have no reason to mess with them all.

Exactly what steps did you go through when you upgraded from 2 to 3?

It would be interesting to look inside one of the image files to see what dates are there. If you are unable to do this, you are welcome to email me one to investigate.
          • 2. Re: Date and Time lost when upgraded to PSA/SE 3.0
            Level 1
            When updating I just followed the prompts. I did not choose to cusom install anything. I let the software do all the work.

A large number of my photos are not in the "Adobe" file and must be reconnected as well. I was hoping that once reconnected the date would return, but, sadly, I was mistaken. As I had mentioned when I first installed 2.0 I had to change the dates and times of all my pre - existing photos. They had also defaulted to January 1, 2003. Now I'm back to square one with them all.
            • 3. Re: Date and Time lost when upgraded to PSA/SE 3.0
              Level 1
              > when I first installed 2.0 I had to change the dates and times of all my pre - existing photos

These were pictures that had been shot on a digital camera?
              It sounds like you have some kind of systematic problem.
              Are you images all accessible to be written? [i.e. they're not marked read-only or anything?]