2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2005 4:59 AM by (Jim_Jütte)

upgraded from Adobe PhotoShop 2.0 to 3.0 version

I recently upgraded to the 3.0 version of Adobe PhotoShop. I used to download my digital photos directly from the camera and they would appear as thumbnail photos. With the newer version, I can't seem to find where the photos are. I had to use a card reader to see my photos and then move them to my file of digital photos. Does anyone have any idea why I can't download my photos now that I've upgraded? I have a Dell computer with Windows XP Home version. Thank you. Sandy
        • 1. Re: upgraded from Adobe PhotoShop 2.0 to 3.0 version
          Level 1
          Hi Sandy,<br /><br />Which digital camera are you using? I have seen a similar posting on the <br />forum related to a old kodak camera model.<br />Please confirm<br />1. Does Adobe Photo Downloader comes up automatically when connect your <br />camera to PC?<br />2. Launch Album SE 3.0 and go to Get Photos -> From camera or card reader, <br />Are you able to see you camera in the device listing over there?<br />3. Are you able to download photos from your digital camera using any other <br />software such as Windows scanner and camera wizard, or any other <br />application?<br /><br />Please share your experience.<br /><br /><br /><br /><Sandy_Wolfe@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bbd99d4.-1@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I recently upgraded to the 3.0 version of Adobe PhotoShop. I used to <br />>download my digital photos directly from the camera and they would appear <br />>as thumbnail photos. With the newer version, I can't seem to find where the <br />>photos are. I had to use a card reader to see my photos and then move them <br />>to my file of digital photos. Does anyone have any idea why I can't <br />>download my photos now that I've upgraded? I have a Dell computer with <br />>Windows XP Home version. Thank you. Sandy
          • 2. Re: upgraded from Adobe PhotoShop 2.0 to 3.0 version
            Level 1
            Sandy,

You don't actually say which version you "upgraded" from. Photoshop Album,
            Elements? Incidentally, upgrading to the starter edition is NOT really an
            upgrade. Or did you upgrade to Elements 3.0 in which case THAT would be an
            upgrade.

Please let us know your circumstances so we can better help you.

Cheers