7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2006 7:16 PM by (kben17)

Freeze at "Initialise Model"

I was using v2.0 quite happily and then it started to freeze on statup. It freezes at "Initialise Model". This is happening with both v2.0 and v3.0.
      I have reinstalled album and elements (several times), just in case there is some kind of link between the two. Elements has been reinstalled and works fine, but I STILL can't get album back working.
      Does anyone have any useful advice?
        • 1. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
          Level 1
          Garry,

Can you describe precisely what you see? For example what you are doing,
          what processes you see and then the error if any.

Could you ensure that any utilitie such as antivirus software etc is shut
          off for now. Let's try to ensure that nothing is causing any interference.

Cheers
          • 2. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
            Level 1
            Please try again after deleting the preference file psa.prf from "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Album\3.0".<br /><br />Hope this helps.
            • 3. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
              Level 1
              Hi Jim,

It really is as simple as clicking on the program name from All Programs in the Start Menu. The splash screen comes up, one or two steps get displayed in the bottom left hand corner, and then "Initialising Model" appears. That's then the end of the road. Windows Task Manager reports it as Not Responding.

This happens with and without virus protection running.

I looked for the file Deepika suggested and I could not find that file, but I did find a log file and this is it.

Photoshop Album log file. Version = 3.0.0.49815
              Log message level = 5, Tue Jan 3 08:14:27 2006
              0:Loading Bitmaps...
              291:Loading Components...
              291:Initializing Bravo Components...
              331:Monitor color profile: Sony SDM-HS95P_D93
              331:Initializing Plug-in Host...
              341:Initializing AS Host...
              341:Initializing OLS
              351:System:
              351: System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:8 Stepping:3 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP
              351:Driver versions:
              351: Microsoft DirectX Version: 9.0
              351:Support application versions:
              351: Adobe Image Viewer Version: Not installed
              351: Adobe Acrobat Reader Version: 7.0
              351: Adobe Acrobat Version: Not installed
              351: Adobe Atmosphere Version: Not installed
              361:Initializing Controller...
              361:Initializing Platform...
              361:Initializing Threads...
              421:Initializing Model...

I don't know if that helps

Thanks

Garry
              • 4. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
                Level 1
                Hi Deepika,

I cannot find that find in that local.

Garry
                • 5. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
                  smriti mehra Adobe Employee
                  Hi Garry,

The psa.prf file is located in the Application Data folder which is hidden.Search for psa.prf file enabling the option to search in hidden folders. Delete the psa.prf file and launch the application again.Hope this helps.

Thanks,
                  Smriti
                  • 6. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
                    Level 1
                    Hi Smitri,

I'm afraid that didn't work.

Garry
                    • 7. Re: Freeze at "Initialise Model"
                      Gary:
                      I'm having exactly the same problem, using SE 3.0, and am just about ready to slit my wrists after scanning over 2,500 old pictures over the past few weeks, tagging them all, putting them in collections and writing captions. The only information I could find about this problem in the knowledge base was this: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328730.html. The solution involves opening a .psa file in Access, which I don't have, and which would cost me a couple of hundred $$. The solution isn't guaranteed to work either. I have no idea whether buying Elements would solve the problem or not because it seems to be impossible to contact tech support unless you've already bought a product. Unbelievable. I'm really at my wits end and sympathise with what you're going through.
                      Kitty