9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2006 5:17 PM by (Shelby_Dugas)

Unable to Import from My Picture Folders

I today downloaded Photoshop Album 2 Starter. The following ODBC error message was received (Internal Error : Data Not Found)when I tried to import folders with images from 'My Pictures'. All my images previously held by my previous Photoshop Album 1 software were transferred and are fully functional.

Also, I have tried Picasa and Roxio and there are no problems associated with them!

I am a keen photographer looking for (hopefully) Photoshop Elements/Album software but I need to resolve this problem - I am not 'well read' in IT matters so if someone out there can help me please try to keep it simple. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
          Level 1
          Hi Charles,<br /><br />You may try clearing all your preferences and then use Photoshop Album Starter Edition.<br /><br />Further, Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 is now avilable for download so may try using the lastest version.<br /><br />Please delete psa.prf file (and other files) from <C:\Documents and Settings\<logon name>\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop Album>. <br /><br />Application data is a hidden folder so you need to change view options in explorer to be able to view hidden files.<br />i.e. In Windows explorer  --> Tools menu --> Folder Options...--> View tab, select options to see hiddden files and folders.<br /><br />Let us know, if your problem is resolved.
          • 2. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
            Level 1
            Hi SachinJain,

Appreciate your efforts to assist but unfortunately I am still unable to import from 'My Pictures'.

Photoshop Album 3 behaves exactly the same! I wasn't too sure what you meant by 'clear all my preferences' and may not have actioned this properly. The other instructions I think I followed correctly.

I have two computers; the one causing the trouble is a Sony Vaio Media Centre which I use for all my photographic work - I downloaded Adobe Starter 3 to my Dell and it worked perfectly!

If you have any other suggestions I would welcome them.

Regards,

Charles
            • 3. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
              Help! I downloaded APS 3.0 yesterday and now none of my card readers will work. I restored to the APS 2.0 and not even Get Photos will work now. I have so much on these will Digital Camera cards - how do I get them to open?? Thanks - Frustrated Barb
              • 4. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                Level 1
                Help!!!
                Hope someone can walk me through this problem with Photoshop Album starter Edition 3.0

I have transferred many JPG files from My Pictures to the album but cannot get them back. They are there but "not connected to any files" ????

I want to print some but can't do this until I find them elsewhere.

Thanks

Doug
                • 5. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                  Level 1
                  Doug Davies again:

I forgot to mention that this a "re-connect missing files" issue. It might mean that the photos were sent to the Photoshop Album and then deleted from "My Pictures" I didn't realize I had to save them in two places.

regardless, they are all there in the Album - I just want to return a copy of them to "My Pictures" so that I can order prints etc.

Any advice or are they lost forever? reply to davies@tnt21.com
                  • 6. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                    Level 1
                    Hi Doug,

When you import pictures to Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0, then those are not deleted from the original location on hard disk. Photoshop Album Starter Edition keeps reference of pictures on hard disk and use those from hard disk location only for email / print etc.

If your files are shown missing then possible reasons are that you have moved/renamed/deleted you photos from the hard disk. Try re-connecting your missing files using File --> Reconnect All missing files. Application will then look for you photos in your harddisk and will reconnect them.

let us know if it works.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                      I had the same problem Charles did above ("Unable to Import from My Picture Folders") and I followed SachinJain's advice about clearing the preferences (12:42am Aug 31, 05 PST (#1 of 6)). When I went into the hidden folders, I did not find a "psa.prf" file to delete. However, I did find a "My Catalog.psa" file. I deleted it and then clicked on Starter 3.0 to get it going again. When the program came up, a screen told me that Starter 3.0 was unable to find a catalog and asked me if I wanted it to use a "new" catalog. I clicked "yes" and the screen opened and I was able to import pictures again. Thank you to Charles for posting his question and SachinJain for providing the answer which worked for me!!!
                      • 8. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                        Is it possible to direct adobe to delete all copies?If so,how?
                        • 9. Re: Unable to Import from My Picture Folders
                          Level 1
                          I worded my message incorrectly,I meant to delete duplicates.
                          Is it possible to direct adobe to delete all duplicates and if it can be done ,how?