10 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2006 2:32 AM by (John_S_Sinclair)

Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0

topic: reconnect missing files

Each one of my photos have a red square box with a broken jagged line on them. When I try to copy or move a picture it tells me the pictures have been moved or renamed and I have done neither and that I have to reconnect the files, well I can't figure how to do this. I have 250 pictures that are in thumbnail size that I can not do anything with them.

Can someone please help me? Thanks

Louann
        • 1. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
          Hi,
          Go to File-> Reconnect all missing files. And Starter edition will reconnect the files for you. For a faster process maybe you can browse and give the path of the files where they are actually present on the system.
          Plus you need to be sure that the files are physically present on your system, Starter Edition just shows the thumbnails of the pictures and not the actual pictures.

Thanx,
          Poonam
          • 2. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
            Level 1
            I tried that it doesn't work.
            Louann
            • 3. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
              Level 1
              Hi,

Are the files for sure present on the system? How did you import them into Album? and can you view them in explorer?

Poonam
              • 4. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                Poonam,
                John Sinclair, (SCOTLAND UK) I have the exact problem Louann sent
                Mar.27. 2006. My photos are there, but I cannot OPEN THEM, I cannot PRINT them, and these are SPECIAL FAMILY PHOTOS. Like Louann I have photos downloaded before and after this 'Family Group', that I can open, so WHY???? What is this Red Box with a jagged line across it.?
                I await your reply,
                With Thanks,
                John Sinclair
                • 5. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                  Barb__O Level 4
                  John,

I don't think that you answered all of Poonam's questions. More detailed information from you will make it easier for others to assist you.

---Can you find these photos using Windows Explorer?
                  and I will add
                  If you can find the photo files with Windows Explorer, can you right click on the photo file name and then Open with Windows Fax and Picture Viewer? Do you see the photo in the Windows viewer?

---How did you import them into Album?
                  Did you do
                  1) a Get Photos from Camera or Card Reader - or -
                  2) did you do a Get Photos from Files and Folders
                  to import these photos into Album?

Barb O
                  • 6. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                    Level 1
                    Barb O, Checking Win. Expl. my photos are not there. 'My Pictures' file is listed in Win. Expl. it contains old and new photos but again none of the photos I want to print off. The photos are in Adobe for everyone to see, but I cannot print them off, I cannot save them to another file, I cannot open them. What is this "Red Box", what can you do to reinstate my photos?????
                    ALL my photos were downloaded from my Canon Digital Camera 'IXUS v'
                    I hope this helps you investigate and solve my problem ( and others with the same problem)
                    Again With Thanks,
                    John Sinclair
                    • 7. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                      Barb__O Level 4
                      John,

>The photos are in Adobe for everyone to see

Photo files are stored in folders on your hard drive. The small thumbnail in the Photoshop Album Starter Edition photo well is not the "real" file. The "real file" resides on your hard drive in a folder just like any file. I do think that you are confusing the thumbnai and the actual photo file (that has the full photo).

The red box means that your photo files can not be found in the folder location where Adobe Photoshop Album expects them to be. This can happen if you move your photo files, if you delete your photo files, or if you cancel the download of the photo files from your camera before the download completes.

I suggest that you go look in your Windows Recycle Bin for your photo files.

Barb O
                      • 8. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                        Level 1
                        Barb, my Rcycle Bin is regularly cleared, just a thought, what if I Go Back, and Back, and Back, until I reach the time I introduced the prints (now lost)do you think I would be able to recover them????
                        John Sinclair
                        • 9. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                          Barb__O Level 4
                          >my Rcycle Bin is regularly cleared, just a thought, what if I Go Back, and Back, and Back, until I reach the time I introduced the prints (now lost)do you think I would be able to recover them????

It seems unlikely likely that a series of Back commands will find the photo files - but of course you could try.

Barb O
                          • 10. Re: Adobe Photo shop Starter 3.0
                            Level 1
                            Barb O, Again thanks for your help, I have another question to ask.
                            What is and when do I use "Your unlock code is:......" ????
                            I received this "unlock code......" from Adobe thanking me for registering my 'Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 software.
                            Also if Iam registered can you give my Registration Code Number.
                            Hope this is satisfactory, and I hope quite understanding.
                            With Thanks,
                            John Sinclair