5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2006 11:44 PM by (Colin_Walls)

importing of pics

In PHOTO ALBUM STARTER when I imported a folder, which had all pics numbered in sequence, they were imported out of sequence, thus when I created a slide show nothing was in order. Would seem this smart program cannot even do a simple import without screwing it up. If there is a way to fix would like to know, otherwise I will deleting this program, and not even consider buying anything with ADOBE name on it.
        • 1. Re: importing of pics
          Barb__O Level 4
          Jack,

I think that you are making an assumption about how the Photoshop Album Starter Edition works and that this assumption is not correct.

I suggest that you spend some time reading about the software that you are using. Since you have the Starter Edition, I suggest that you read the Help topics that come with the product.

There are books available on Photoshop Album; however since you have the free Starter Edition and the books that I know cover the paid Adobe products, they do discuss functions not available to you in the Starter Edition.

>In PHOTO ALBUM STARTER when I imported a folder, which had all pics numbered in sequence, they were imported out of sequence, thus when I created a slide show nothing was in order.

It seems that you are assuming that the default sequence in Photoshop Album (starter) is the Windows File Name sequence and that assumption is probably the source of your problem.

The default sequence for viewing photos is
          b Newest First
          according to the
          b Date Taken
          in the photo file. In the paid product you do have sequencing choices of Newest First, Oldest First, and Folder Location. I think that these are all available in the Starter Edition; but I am not sure.

There is also a function called a
          b Collection
          where you can sequence the photos however you wish by using drag and drop. Suggest you check the Starter Edition Help to verify that the Collection function is available to you.

FYI - Many of the forum participants are other Adobe customers, so complaining to us will not make any difference.

Barb O
          • 2. Re: importing of pics
            I came up against the 250 picture limit when downloading from my camera. I deleted some older pics, however, am not able to find the pictures that did not download originally. Do these do into a holding file somewhere? Thanks, John.
            • 3. Re: importing of pics
              Level 1
              John

I don't believe that the current version of PSA SE has any limit on number of images.
              • 4. Re: importing of pics
                Level 1
                I have not heard of a limit for downloading however I have noticed that my
                system will slow down with higher numbers of images. It may be that there is
                to some degree an issue related to resources.

John,

Have you tried freeing up resources ie., shutting down utilities that may be
                running in the background etc to see if this makes a difference?

Cheers
                • 5. Re: importing of pics
                  Level 1
                  Jim

There was a limit of 250 in a catalog in PSA SE 2 - not in 3.