10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2006 10:42 AM by (susan_hokanson)

Copying to CD

Copying to CD

Jim Arango - 03:01pm May 10, 2006 Pacific

I have downloaded and added captions to my photos, how can I copy them to a CD?
      I went to help to download updates but i am told that I need to close PHOTOSHOP before some of the updates can be downloaded. How can I click on the help button if the program is closed.
      I followed the tutorials. What they say does not appear on the sceen.
      I have Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.0
      Adding background music would be nice too.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Copying to CD
          Level 1
          Copying to CD

Jim Arango - 03:01pm May 10, 2006 Pacific

I have downloaded and added captions to my photos, how can I copy them to a CD?
          I went to help to download updates but i am told that I need to close PHOTOSHOP before some of the updates can be downloaded. How can I click on the help button if the program is closed.
          I followed the tutorials. What they say does not appear on the sceen.
          I have Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.0
          Adding background music would be nice too.

Thanks
          • 2. Re: Copying to CD
            Level 1
            Jim,

There are different ways to copy them to a CD. How do you want them? As
            simple images that you can see as though from a folder? or a backup?

Not sure I follow you on the updates. It should be a simple matter of
            clicking on Help, then Updates and following the instructions. Is this NOT
            what you see? Sorry, I using PSE so it might be a bit different. Does it
            give you the option to install OTHER updates?

Music IS available in PSE... you can use the trial version to test... it is
            quite a step up though.

Cheers
            • 3. Re: Copying to CD
              Level 1
              Jim J:

Do you know what CD writing capabilities PSA SE 3 actually has? I don't have the latest update, when they added CD writing, installed. I believe that you can only create a CD full of JPEGs.
              • 4. Re: Copying to CD
                Level 1
                Hi Colin,

You caught me half asleep again but it does appear, at least according to
                the latest update that video can also be copied. Whether this also means pdf
                etc, I'm not sure... I'll test it quickly and see what I can find. Clearly
                however it does not back up the way other versions do, it merely copies.

Cheers
                • 5. Re: Copying to CD
                  I downloaded some pictures in Photoshop Elements 3.0. I want to put a few of them on a cd. I can't find instructions on how to do it. How do I get them out of this program and put them on another program that came with my Canon digital camera?
                  • 6. Re: Copying to CD
                    Level 1
                    Did you try selecting and then clicking File, Burn to CD?

Cheers
                    • 7. Re: Copying to CD
                      Level 1
                      Hi Jim,
                      On my edition of Photoshop starter, there is no "burn to cd" choice when I click on file. I finally was able to copy the pictures and then move them to the canon program and then copy them on a cd. But why isn't there a way to do this with the photoshop elements program?
                      • 8. Re: Copying to CD
                        Level 1
                        Pam

What software do you have? This is the forum for PSA SE and you mention Elements [PSE]. If you have PSE 3/4 it can burn CDs.
                        • 9. Re: Copying to CD
                          BobGager Adobe Employee
                          There's a free update to Starter Edition that adds the Burn to CD functionality under File.
                          Go to Help > Check for Updates.
                          Download and install the update, and you'll have CD burning capability. (Assuming you have a CD burner that is)
                          • 10. Re: Copying to CD
                            I show no new updates available and I do not get an option to burn to cd.