10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 7:21 AM by brendaw52293861

Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW

For the Lamen out there.... You cannot copy pictures to a cd from the starter edition, it's just there on your computer, taunting you. It should be in writing at the top of the page when you open the damn thing that you'll have to PURCHASE the FULL EDITION before being able to put anything you've spent hours on to a cd. That way you won't spend HOURS trying to figure out why you cannot get your precious pictures to a cd.
      I hope this saves you some time and aggrevation.
      Kathy
        • 1. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
          Level 1
          Sorry. This is incorrect. Plenty of people successfully burn CDs from PSA SE.

You have 2 choices:

1) Get the latest version and you have File/Burn.

2) Select the pictures in PSA SE and simply drag them into your usual CD burning program.
          • 2. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
            smriti mehra Adobe Employee
            Hi Kathy,

If you have the latest version of Starter Edition which is 3.0.1 than you can burn your cds.You can update the version by selecting menu Help->Check for updates.Once the update is installed the Burn CD option will be available in the File menu.

Hope this helps.
            Smriti
            • 3. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
              Can anyone tell me how to get my photos from Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3 to my Media Center. The folders show in Media but can not open them, it say folder is empty tedsemones@windstream.net
              • 4. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                Level 1
                > folders show in Media but can not open them

Can you enlarge upon this. What exactly do you mean.

PSA SE isn't doing anything to the image files - it just catalogs what's there.
                • 5. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                  I usually do my photo editing using Adobe Photoshop CS. How do I open photos into Photoshop CS from within Photoshop Album Starter Editions? Thanks!
                  • 6. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                    Hi, I know the answer is right in front of me,but..I can't trip over it! Everytime I plug-in a flash drive or xD card to back up documents, the Abobe Photoshop Starter Ed.up opens on it's own and I have to close it just to move forward. Would someone advise how to keep this from occuring please? I,m newie at this PC thing. Using XP SP2 exp.6. Thanks! Dan
                    • 7. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                      Level 1
                      gerry/dan:

You have both hijacked this thread with your queries. It would be polite, at least to start a new topic.

gerry:

One way is simply drag and drop - from PSA SE into CS.

dan:

You can stop that permanently with:
                      In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps and reaname the file apdproxy.exe to something else [like "apdproxy-save.exe"].
                      • 8. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                        Can someone help me move a photo from Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter to eBay for a listing? THANKS! Sue
                        • 9. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                          Level 1
                          Sue

You too should really have started a new thread.

Do you want the full size picture or a reduced size copy?
                          I'll assume full size for the moment. Bear in mind that PSA SE does not store th epictures, it just catalogs what you have. You can just find the original image file by selecting the picture in PSA SE and opening the Properties pane [button at the bottom of the screen] - you will then see where it is stored. Or you can just drag the image out to somewhere convenient [like your desktop] and you'll have a copy.
                          • 10. Re: Photoshop Album Starter Editions-MUST KNOW
                            brendaw52293861

I know my reply is way past due, but I'm really pissed off with the Adobe Company. I tried to use the information you posted, but it did not work, so I've been trying everything I possibly can to get my photos out of the Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.2 and nothing is working. As far as I'm concerned, Adobe has stolen my photos and I have been posting this on Facebook, Twitter, and any other web site I go to as well as all my Friends and Family. When I called to speak with a CSR the first time, they hung up on me. The second call was sent to three different departments before I was told, they had no idea what product I was asking about and what I needed to do was to buy Adobes newest Cloud product and start adding new photos because mine were lost forever. I really appreciate the information this forum has provided for me and I'm sorry none of it worked. Getting my photos out of Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 3.2 is Adobe's Corporate Office responsability not a forum, especially when the product is outdated and discontinued. I'm going to make sure no one I know ever buy's any products from Adobe. There are several other Companies who provide excellent products and services that accomplish everything Adobe advertises, accept their CSR will answer your question and do everything possible to help with your problem. ADOBE HAS STOLEN MY PHOTOS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS HAVE NOT BEEN TRAINED WELL ENOUGH TO DO THEIR JOBS OR SPEAK ENGLISH CORRECTLY. I WANT MY PHOTOS, I DEMAND SATISFACTION AND I DEMAND SOMEONE FROM ADOBE TO RESPOND TO ME BY SENDING ME AN EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda Walter

walterbrenda@yahoo.com