• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renaming topics, links don't work

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2008 Nov 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rename a bunch of topics (probably about 100). These topics are linked to from within many other topics. Is there any way that I can redo the links to each specific topic that was renamed at once without having to go though every topic I have and redo the link? I'm probably not phrasing my question very well but if someone can decipher what im trying to say and help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam

As long as you rename from inside the RoboHelp UI, RoboHelp should automagickally amend any links.

Did you possibly rename using Windows Explorer instead?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I definitely renamed from within RoboHelp. I had to do a pretty massive renaming of folders and topics, which always causes me problems in RoboHelp. A lot of the time when I tried to rename folders that had more then a few topics in them it would freeze. So I made new folders, with the name I needed, and then moved the topics into the new folders. I'm guessing that is why I am now having problems but for some reason when doing it I did not think it was going to be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Where is your project? If you come back and advise it is stored on your network drive, this could be a large part of the issue. Projects work best if stored on local media.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
My project is on my C:Drive. We copy it over to a network drive daily but I work on the project soley from my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp