1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 8:51 AM by BobGager

Backup

Hello,

I am not familiar with how Photoshop Album Starter Edition handles its data (collections, tags, captions) and I was wondering if there's any way to make a backup of all that data. My impressions are that this data is saved outside of the image files them self (the speed at which it can find images based on tags on my 26000 items catalog seems to prove this). If they are saves outside and I need to re format my main drive (C:) and re-install Photoshop Album Starter Edition, then I would have to tag all my photos again. Since my photos are in a separate drive, I would not loose my photos, only the software and possibly the database of PASE.

Is there a file (or a set of files) I can backup in order to keep all these hours of work safe?

Hopefully, the tags, caption and catalog info are both saved in a local database (for speed) and in the JPEG files themselfs (for data retainer and easy import). That's how I would have programmed PASE.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Backup
          BobGager Adobe Employee
          The catalog database with all your tag info is in
          C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Catalogs

If you have the latest version, there are two built in Backup options:
          File > Burn to CD...
          Order > Online Backup...
          They both will backup both your images and the Catalog database.

Cheers.
          Bob