3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2006 11:44 AM by (Colin_Walls)

Using PASE with files on a CD

Hello,

I have so many photos! I cannot put them all on a drive. Even if I bought the 4 biggest hard drives (400GB I think) I would, one day, be faces with a space availibility problem. I couldn't have a CD or DVD Burder if I had 4 drives (unless I use SCSI of course). We are talking lot of investments.

Instead, I put older images on CDs. But I still want to give them tags, and assign them into collections, etc... Is that possible?

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Using PASE with files on a CD
          Level 1
          PSA supports exactly what you want to do.

However, I think your perception of drive size/price is a bit awry. External [USB] drives are very cheap and are available up to at least 1Tb. They are also very convenient and reliable compared with optical media.
          • 2. Re: Using PASE with files on a CD
            Level 1
            Hi Colin,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Where would I find documentation on how to accomplish that?

If I insert my CD-ROM in my CD-ROM Drive and Import them... How will PASE reacyt when I take the CD-ROM out and try to view the files? Will it ask me to reconnect missing files? Will it know it is from a CD-ROM and ask me to insert my CD-ROM?

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Using PASE with files on a CD
              Level 1
              > Will it know it is from a CD-ROM and ask me to insert my CD-ROM?

Exactly. You have the option of giving the CD an identifier so that you know which one it's after. It will only ask for th eCD when it needs the full rez image, as it keeps much smaller "proxies" on disk. You can set the size of these in Prefs [I think].

A small warning: there is an option to copy the images on import [which you don't want] - make sure it isn't selected.