10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2007 12:03 AM by (Jim_Jütte)

adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder

I previously used adobe photo deluxe but lost it due to virus. The disc is no longer available to reinstall so I am trying out photoshop album 2.0 to replace. I have windows me.

I normally ftp photos from a folder to my remote site for Ebay.

My question is does this program allow me to save file size photos in a folder so they may be ftp'd.

Thanks,

Irving
        • 1. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
          Level 1
          Topic
          adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder

irving s bluestein - 07:23am Sep 17, 2005 Pacific

I previously used adobe photo deluxe but lost it due to virus. The disc is no longer available to reinstall so I am trying out photoshop album 2.0 to replace. I have windows me.

I normally ftp photos from a folder to my remote site for Ebay.

My question is does this program allow me to save file size photos in a folder so they may be ftp'd.

Thanks,

Irving
          • 2. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
            Level 1
            > My question is does this program allow me to save file size photos in a folder so they may be ftp'd

The free [SE] version only lets you do this in a roundabout fashion [use the email to a folder facility]. The full [paid] version makes it much easier.
            • 3. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
              Level 1
              Hi Colin,

I have tried to save the pictures to a folder using email but have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Irving
              • 4. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                Level 1
                > I have tried to save the pictures to a folder using email but have been unsuccessful.

In what way was it unsuccessful?
                • 5. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                  Hi- I have the oldy but goody photo deluxe 2.0 This is the one with the hold column on the left that will hold 50 photos even if your computer crashes..you could see them right where you left them 2 years ago. Anyway, when i send to file format, it searches for 2 minutes, then lets me put it in a file. If i go to second photo in hold, it will take another 2 minutes to get there. i get a message that says the browser may not of been installed right. ive installed it over and over again..no luck...by the way i am running microsofts nasty IE latest version...thanks...Mike
                  • 6. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                    I was having the same problem on three computers. I have Adobe PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.0 which I love. I have used it for years with Windows 98 and recently on a newer laptop running XP. I bought another desktop with XP Professional and upgraded the old one running 98 to XP-Home Edition. For a short while all seemed to work okay. Then suddenly when I tried to save a photo as a J-Peg file, it would sit for 2-3 minutes with the dreaded hourglass cursor. Finally, the message would come up that the photo browser may not be installed correctly. I too re-installed with no luck several times.
                    Then I discovered that my problem seemed to be the desktop shortcut! When I tried to open the properties for the shortcut, a box came up saying the the path was not correct/ file could not be found, even though normal clicking on the shortcut would start up the Photo Deluxe program. I deleted the shortcut on the desktop and found another application file for Photo Deluxe in a different location that works perfectly. I don't know what the techno-geek explanation is, but it seems that in Windows XP, the pathway for the desk-top shortcut, which is created during installation, is wrong and does not point to the correct target application file location, so the program does not open properly.

Try this: It worked on all 3 of my XP computers!

Click/Open - WINDOWS EXPLORER,

Click/Open - MY COMPUTER,

Click/Open - YOUR HARD-DRIVE DISK (On my PC it is "C",)

Click/Open - PROGRAM FILES,

Click/Open - PhotoDeluxe BE1.0 (*OR Your Edition,)

On the right side panel, look for the application file. It is best to view details, to see which file says APPLICATION. In PhotoDeluxe BE 1.0, it is a file titled PBE.

Right/Click on this application file to open the menu box.

Select/Click - SEND TO -&- DESKTOP (create shortcut.)

This will create a desktop icon/shortcut with the correct pathway to the program in Windows-XP. When you click this shortcut to open PhotoDeluxe, the program should work correctly and the gallery, hold photo and save to J-Peg file commands should function as normal.

HOPE THIS HELPS! I was going crazy trying to get it working. I use it to edit photos for eBay listings and was desperate to solve the problem. It was taking hours to prepare and save my photos with the long delay trying to save an edited photo to a folder for upload!
                    All three of my PC's have PhotoDeluxe working perfect once again!!!

• 7. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                      I Have Been Using PhotoDeluxe BE 1.1 Since 2002 And I Think Is The Best Photo Manageing Software Ever, I Do What My Imagination High Level It Can Get To, With All Of Its Features, I Have Tried Photoshop And It Is Not As Good As PhotoDeluxe BE, I'm a Photo & Video Producer, I Have Known Other Photo Pro's And They Have Been Asking Me How I Make My Photos Look So Profetional Looking, I Just Tell Them With a Profetional Software I Got From The Net. That Cost Me a Lot, I Just Never Reveal Them It Is The Software That Came With My Scanner, I Been Having Some Problems With It, But I Got Used To It And Never Sell Sell It To Nobody. If U Whant More Info. About It E-mail Me At ac500000@hotmail.com Photodeluxe The Best!!!
                      • 8. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                        Level 1
                        Hi Adan,

What are the problems you are having with the software? Incidentally, I
                        think you might be comfusing Elements with the full version. In no way can
                        the two be compared. Let us know what it is you need or what the problems
                        and we will do our best to help.

Cheers
                        • 9. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                          Hello:

I stumbled across this thread and hope you can help me. I am another devoted PhotoDeluxe 2.2 user. For years I ran the program on my XP computer with no problems. Now, however, I have a new computer and Vista. I've managed to install PD using the compatibility setting Vista provides. So far, most of the features are usable -- haven't tried all of them yet -- but when I try to export a file in another format or simply save it, the program closes.

I KNOW this is an old program. I KNOW there are others in the marketplace that are "better." I KNOW the new programs will do a whole lot more. None of that matters. I LIKE this program. I feel comfortable with it. It's one of those rarities in life -- an old and cherished friend. I don't want to lose it.

Does anyone at the forum know a workaround for PD on Vista? I'll stay tuned with fingers, toes and all that stuff crossed.

Thanks in advance,
                          Jane
                          • 10. Re: adobe photoshop album 2.0: sending photos to a folder
                            Level 1
                            Jane,

I have bad news. It will not work on Vista. I actually won't upgrade to
                            Vista because of all the trouble I see others having. At this point MS
                            has made me a devoted user of XP.

Cheers