6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2008 6:31 AM by (Maurice_Nutting)

Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition

Hi am having real problems!! Have tried Add/Remove but get message: Error 1316.A network error ocurred while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\Installer\Adobe Photoshop Album 2 SE.msi. Then attempted a manual removal (this did not work either). So tried to re-install it (hoping I would then be able to remove it) but received the same error as above. Help! I am also having similar problems with Adobe Elements 6.0.
        • 1. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
          Level 1
          Why are you uninstalling anyway? The current version of PSA SE is 3 - why not download that.

> I am also having similar problems with Adobe Elements 6.0

The latest version of PSE is 5 - and that's only been around a few weeks...

BTW, do you have a network? Are you working on a network drive?
          • 2. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
            Level 1
            Hi Colin. Problem is I want to remove the application. I figured that one of the files was corrupted so thought by re-installing it I could then later uninstall but got the error message. Then tried to install PSA SE 3 thinking that this would automatically remove SE 2 but again the error and so it goes on!
            • 3. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
              I am trying to get rid of some unneeded programs. Do I need 3.0 and 3.0.1 photoshop album?
              • 4. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
                smriti mehra Adobe Employee
                Hi Teresa,

PSA SE 3.0 and 3.0.1 is a free application which can be downloaded from web. You can choose to keep it if you Organize your photos since it is a simple application which is easy to use and does not take much space.
                • 5. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
                  Level 1
                  josefb,

I have a suggestion to make that may or may not help with your problems, but it has made an amazing difference to my PCs reliability when downloading-installing-uninstalling-deleting software.

PSA SE 3.0 and 3.0.1 are two of my downloads and they and every thing else I`ve downloaded work great.

I think, (respectfully), that all your installing and uninstalling may have left your Registry in a bit of a state.

Every time you delete something from your hard drive, even, I`ve found, when it is correctly installed and correctly uninstalled, there is rubbish left behind in the Registry (orphaned code, invalid checksums, corrupted code). (Forgive me if I`m telling you something you already know).

I am only just begining to discover the difference cleaning your Registry on a regular basis makes.

All this "rubbish" builds up over time and causes all sorts of problems i.e. hanging, freezing, crashing, programs not loading properly, or loading very slowly.

I`m not trying to sound clever here, as like most people out there I am simply discovering as I go along.
                  But I like to delve into the inner workings of my PC and try to learn all I can from places like PcTools.com or Download.com, or especially Microsoft web sites, or picking the brains of people who know more than me, (and that`s a lot of people).

A couple of months ago I discovered "Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner" which I run at least once every couple of weeks. Sometimes more often if I`ve doing a lot of deleting etc.. As well as scanning for Viruses it does a complete scan of your Registry, and after setting a restore point, it deletes all the rubbish.

It can take an hour or so do its thing, but its free, and well worth the time. And it works along with your regular security software.

Take a look at "http://safety.live.com/site/en-US/default.htm".

Make your own mind up, but it may go a little way towards resolving your install/unistall problems with PSA SE 3, and any other similar problems you may experience.

Sorry about this long post, good luck, regards,

Dennis Dixon
                  • 6. Re: Cannot uninstall Photoshop Album 2 starter edition
                    Level 1
                    Hi. I have experienced similar problems with Starter Editions 3.0 and 3.01 recently, my own thread is elsewhere in the forum. I have finally solved things by using a search engine and downloading a free software, i.e. Revo Uninstaller, there are several editions, of which I chose the latest Revo Uninstaller 1.5. It was a very quick download and installation.It cleared everything up for me at the very first attempt and even clears up afterwards. If you do use it, you will experience the same circumstances as before, ignore them and soldier on. I was a lttle apprehensive about error messages, etc, but everything worked out fine. I have used it now to clear several programs that "Add and Remove" failed to dislodge. It has'nt failed to oblige at the first attempt each time. I hope that this is usefull to yourself. Regards - Maurice Nuttingt.