6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 8:51 AM by raymonoleksiy

file name too long

Level 1
      when i attempt to open a picture sent in photoshop, the error message says my file name path is too long...i tried putting the picture directly onto the C drive and it still won't load the picture to photoshop...HELP!
        • 1. Re: file name too long
          Level 1
          Which version of the software do you have?
          Exactly how are you trying to open the file?
          • 2. Re: file name too long
            Level 1
            Windows 2000 Business
            i saved the attached pic from an email to 'my doc/lyn'sdoc/mypics/lyn and when i try to view the pic, photoshop tells me my file name is too long or invalid. i tried saving the pic straight to a folder on the C drive. i get the same message.

however, you'll probably laugh!!! i did! i opened Adobe Photoshop directly. i clicked 'find' and 'file' and it opened the picture and saved it in photoshop.

i've spent 2 days back and forth on this...this was a pain!

do you have any other ideas on how to open straight from the pic folder?

thanks for your input! lyn
            • 3. Re: file name too long
              Level 1
              OK, I'll try again:
              Which version of the Adobe software do you have?

What do you want to do with the image?
              • 4. Re: file name too long
                Level 1
                i just downloaded the photoshop (free) because i was sent pics in adobe. I saved the pic to a folder. When i tried to view the pic, that's when the error message appeared. Any ideas? thanks loads!
                • 5. Re: file name too long
                  Level 1
                  I am sorry Lyn. I want to help, but you just aren't telling me what I need to know.

> just downloaded the photoshop (free)

Photoshop is a whole range of products. The only truly "free" one is Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3. Is that what you've got? [That is the subject of this forum.

> because i was sent pics in adobe

What does this mean? "in Adobe"???
                  • 6. Re: file name too long
                    raymonoleksiy

Hi all, I have been suffering from accessing, managing and even renaming files

>>> that have more than 255 characters over a long time. I have tried various ways

>>> but failed. Then I have searched this problem in internet. Then I have found a solution. This software is very easy to use. Named Long path Tool.