21 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2007 10:57 AM by (Brent_DeGraaf)

Lock out Code does not work

Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 .... I register, get the email with the lock out code, enter it and it just kicks me out of the program. The first couple of times it let me in, but the next time I went back into it, the registration screen came back up again.
        • 1. Re: Lock out Code does not work
          Are you not able to unlock using the unlock code? Are you still able to use the program or does it not let you go through the registration screen?
          • 2. Re: Lock out Code does not work
            Level 1
            The registration screen comes up, I click on already have the lock out code, put the lockout code in and it kicks me out of the program. Can not use it at all. Before it would let me use it. But everytime I went back in, I had to reenter the lockout code.
            • 3. Re: Lock out Code does not work
              My PS Album Starter, V3, came with the computer. Used it until it timed out. Registered, and received "unlock code". I have the same problem as Jeff Grinnell, entering unlock code closes program. I can go through the process of registering, receiving code, entering code over and over. The program always closes when the code is entered.

This is most exasperating and I'm wanting to isolate all my pictures processed with Album so that uninstalling PSAS will not jeopardize the pictures. However, I already have found that I cannot remove PSAS from Add/Remove Software and can't find an uninstall utility in the PSAS folders. How the heck do I either promptly make PSAS work or safely uninstall the darn thing?

Pete
              • 4. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                Level 1
                Pete, feel your pain. Someone around here has to have some kind of answers. Mine also came installed with the computer.
                • 5. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                  Level 1
                  >>put the lockout code in and it kicks me out of the program.

I suppose you are clicking on Unlock Now button at the bottom of the window after entering unlock code. What happens on clicking this Unlock Now button - does it fails to unlock? If yes, does it gives any message.
                  • 6. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                    your lucky ive downloaded from disc ??/ done everything right and i cant even get an unlock code ???????? it just chucks me out as soon as i try to register
                    • 7. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                      Level 1
                      just out of curiousity // are the unlock codes the same for for everybody
                      • 8. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                        Level 1
                        me again can somebody send me an unlock code for photoshop 3.0 my address is
                        bttrans@paradise.net.nz
                        cheers for that
                        • 9. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                          Level 1
                          when I click the unlock now button, it just kicks me out, no messages or anything. My unlock code is (2bda0e88)
                          • 10. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                            Level 1
                            thanks jeff .. i will give that number a try and hope like hell something works
                            cheers grant
                            • 11. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                              Level 1
                              me again ???????? total frustration ??????????????*****************
                              ha ha ha ha ha h aha
                              it didnt work <<<< fu** it all >>>> .. will have to try some thing else ,,, thanks anyway
                              • 12. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                Level 1
                                click on this link http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html and file report. I did, but haven't heard anything back yet.
                                • 13. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                  I'm getting something somewhat like you describe but on
                                  a brand new computer with this being the first third-party
                                  application downloaded to it.

Downloaded reader 8 plus Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0
                                  and I fill out the Product Registration form, click on Register.
                                  In rapid sequence it says Attempting to Connect, Sending and
                                  Receiving information, then throws up the error box:

Windows Internet Explorer
                                  Cannot find 'http://www.onlineregister.com/powerregister/webview/pages/adb2/cha
                                  mak_thx/?FNAM=x&CTRY=US'
                                  Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. [OK]

Clicking on OK gets better, with another box displayed:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
                                  Runtime Error!

Program: ...Starter Edition\3.0\shared_assets\locales\en_us\ADB2.EXE

abnormal program termination
                                  [OK]
                                  Of course, typing the above URL into any browser *including*
                                  the IE on the box in question immediately gets a page that
                                  would make perfect sense to display, but apparently Adobe
                                  doesn't play well with an IE7 system or there are more
                                  fundamental issues here.

And to top it all off, you never get the unlock code by mail either,
                                  despite a TCP snooper showing the information being transmitted.
                                  Running the registration via Help->Registration over and over
                                  yields the same failure results.

Completely deinstalled all Adobe components and re-downloaded and re-installed
                                  and got same results. Even allowed it to apply the
                                  update and that didn't help either, so my allowed run counter
                                  is quickly approaching zero, as it is so good about remembering
                                  that across a deinstall-reinstall.

Oh well, back to de-install it goes. It clearly isn't going
                                  to be usable because of the security bugs before it isn't usable
                                  because of the security features.
                                  • 14. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                    Level 1
                                    A followup to my previous comment.
                                    Out of then ten plus registration attempts made on the 1st,
                                    three identical keys were mailed starting six hours after
                                    the last attempt (on the 2nd). roughly an eight hour delay
                                    on each, something more than the "a few minutes" that is
                                    claimed. The server sending the mails is in Mountain Time,
                                    so they probably can't blame this on the Asian earthquake.
                                    Sounds more like some servers were down and no one went to
                                    the office to fix until the holidays were over.

The registration activity looks outsourced, probably a
                                    really stupid idea for botching holiday season trials.

Despite now having the key, I find that the key is
                                    ignored by Help -> Registration when I say I have the key.
                                    I type the hex value into the box and the Unlock button
                                    remains greyed-out.

This is a really buggy collection of software and processes
                                    we have here.
                                    • 15. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                      I had the same problem.

It just showed:

Windows Internet Explorer
                                      Cannot find 'http://www.onlineregister.com/powerregister/webview/pages/adb2/cha
                                      mak_thx/?FNAM=x&CTRY=US'
                                      Make sure the path or Internet address is correct. [OK]

Clicking on OK gets better, with another box displayed:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
                                      Runtime Error!

Program: ...Starter Edition\3.0\shared_assets\locales\en_us\ADB2.EXE

abnormal program termination
                                      [OK]

I tried several times, but it still doesn't work.

It is really frustrated.
                                      • 16. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                        Level 1
                                        Finally got an answer from HP (photoshop album came on my hp machine). Go into add/delete programs and delete photoshop album, then go to this link and download it again. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Viewers/Adobe-Photoshop-Album-Sta rter-Edition.shtml It worked for me
                                        • 17. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                          I had same problem...
                                          I tried everything.. although i think that the problem is in the file ADB2, I try to install in another computer and then copy this file in my PC because I think that our PC has a hide information in Installshield regarding this program and this file is wrong. The prove is that if you install now the program from the website now in another computer there aren't problems, but if you try to remove, or uninstall or try install our computer has this hide file and recover this old information.
                                          I'm trying to delete this file and put a new file.
                                          I saw something regarding this in the adobe questions but the 2.0 version, in this topic explained it more or less although we should know which is the "hide file" that photoshop album 3.0 hide in our computer.

on the other hand, i don't understand how there are a lot of people with this problem and adobe don't help us. I sent and e-mail explained it but I don't obtein an answer.

The last one comment, regarding JEFF A GRINELL, how we know hat this link there aren't problems (virus, spyies...)

If someone find a solution.......
                                          • 18. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                            Level 1
                                            I have a HP computer and adobe came on it, and HP gave me the link. So it should be safe. I have had no problems.
                                            • 19. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                              BobGager Adobe Employee
                                              You could also go straight to the source:
                                              http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html
                                              • 20. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                                Can't help chaps.

Same thing happening here. Have uninstalled, reinstalled etc. No help or reply from Adobe either.
                                                • 21. Re: Lock out Code does not work
                                                  Do you have a software firewall installed on your PC? (for example, Symantec Internet Security, Trend Micro Internet Security, Zone Alarm, etc.)? If so, disable it during registration.