3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2007 8:56 AM by (Colin_Walls)

Restore!?

Level 1
      So what can you do.. to files that have been deleted.. I gave my mother in law my computer and pics got deleted and moved to another computer.. in the mean time the other computer hard drive got busted up.. so are the pictures gone for good even though i can view them on the adobe program?? can they be resaved or restored in any way!?
        • 1. Re: Restore!?
          Level 1
          If photos are in recycle bin, then you may try restore from there otherwise I don't think that there is any way to restore till you have backup or multiple copies.

When you say "even though i can view them on the adobe program", I guess you are able to see only the thumbnail but not the full image. If full image is shown then it suggests that files are present on the disk. In this case, view file properites and you will be able to locale those on disk
          • 2. Re: Restore!?
            HELP please! I have had the same problem with someone deleting several collections by mistake. Is there a "recycle bin" within photoshop SE 3.0? Where is it? I only see a "trash can" for deleting. Where do the pictures go when they are deleted? Should they go to the Windows recycle bin on my desktop? Why doesn't Adobe have a backup for deleting photo's by mistake?

Kathy T.
            • 3. Re: Restore!?
              Level 1
              > Where do the pictures go when they are deleted? Should they go to the Windows recycle bin on my desktop?

That's exactly where they go.

> Why doesn't Adobe have a backup for deleting photo's by mistake?

Because they go into the Windows Recycle Bin - that is your insurance. Apart from that, maintaining backups of data on your PC is your responsibility.