4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2005 1:59 PM by (Robin_Semento)

Photo Well

I am new to this. Once I put my pictures from the Photo well into a collection ( album ). How do I get them out of the photo well? I am assuming that the Photo well is for just downloaded pictures until you decide what to do with them. I have moved them all, but if I want to download more will they all appear in the photo well?

Thank you for your time
        • 1. Re: Photo Well
          Level 1
          > I am assuming that the Photo well is for just downloaded pictures until you decide what to do with them

No. It is all your pictures. The view may be filtered by the use of tags.

Collections are intended to group pictures, in a particular order, for specific applications - like making a slideshow.
          • 2. Re: Photo Well
            Level 1
            Colin,
            Thanks for the response. I understand a little better now. It does seem to be inconvient having the pictures in 2 different places, because they take up so much memory. But I usually burn mine to a CD as soon as I can, and then delete them off the computer. So once I have done this, then I can delete them and it will remove them from both the collections and the photo well.

Thanks again,
            Robin
            • 3. Re: Photo Well
              Level 1
              > It does seem to be inconvient having the pictures in 2 different places, because they take up so much memory

They aren't. All the program does is catalog the images. The images are in one place - where ever you put them. The well [filtered or otherwise] and a collection are just different views.

> But I usually burn mine to a CD as soon as I can, and then delete them off the computer. So once I have done this, then I can delete them and it will remove them from both the collections and the photo well.

You are missing the point of the program. It can catalog files on hard drive or CD. It is at its best as a catalog to all your pictures. [BTW, why do you mess with CDs? Don't you find it a PITA finding the right one? Hard drive space is so cheap and convenient, I can't imagine using optical media for anything but backup.]
              • 4. Re: Photo Well
                Level 1
                Actually I don't have a allot of hard drive space right now. I put my pics on Cd as backup's yes,But until I get a new computer and more hard drive space, I don't store them on the computer. Plus, my granddaughters enjoy putting the CD's in the DVD player and looking at the pictures on TV, or taking them home.
                Thanks for the help!!

Robin