2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2007 8:50 AM by BobGager

workflow

Hi,
      I've recently realised I have a real workflow problem and need some advice.
      I have full Creative Suites CS2 and have used Illustrator and Photoshop for years - but really only for one or two images at a time, for work.

The problem I now have is photo management - but more personal than work. I have hundreds and hundreds of photos and currently:
      - shoot jpeg (neither of my cameras support raw)
      - put the sd card into the computer
      - use Picasa to copy the pics I want to the computer
      - Use Adobe Bridge to manage metadata/iptc keywords
      - Back to Picasa to sort and create 'albums'
      - publish to web, email etc. from picasa
      - back to adobe bridge for re-foldering, as picasa doesn't give me much control over where it puts files.
      - different software again for photo backups

So - i'm using a bunch of different programs, which don't work that well together. I looked at PSA and it doesn't use IPTC. (really? bizarre!)
      I looked at elements and it seems to be more like a cutdown version of photoshop (that I already own), for editing, more than for photo management.
      Bridge is good for managing the photos once they're on the computer, but isn't convenient for getting photos onto the computer, nor for archiving, backing up etc.(?)

So am I missing something, or is everyone else in a similar position?

thanks,
      richard
        • 1. Re: workflow
          Level 1
          This is an odd place to post, as PSA SE certainly isn't for you - it is aimed at entry level users.

I think you should look at PSE again. Yes, it has the Editor component that you apparently don't need [although unless you really use the advanced features of CS, you're carrying lots of overhead there], but the Organizer component will integrate with CS just fine and will give you everything that Picassa can do and loads more. You can download a 30 day trial for free.
          • 2. Re: workflow
            BobGager Adobe Employee
            30 day trial is here: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/tryout.html

Discount is here: http://www.adobe.com/special/funoffers.html?id=catPSE_PRE_PEPE_Offers&sourcecode=187800