4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2007 5:30 PM by Barb__O

PSA SE 3 install preparation questions

Barb__O Level 4
      I am looking at my brother's computer which has PSA2 Starter Edition 2 downloaded but never used. My thoughts are that it would be best to uninstall PSA SE 2, then download and install PSA SE 3 and import his new photos to PSA SE 3.

He has XP Home SP2 on a Pentium 4, only 256 MB RAM but plenty of hard drive space available. Because of the limited RAM and the fact that he is new to digital photos, I eliminated the possiblity of giving him a Photoshop Elements 4 that I no longer need.

I know Photoshop Album 2 and Photoshop Elements, but have never used the Starter Edition:

1 - To unintall PSA SE2 - I suspect I should use the Control Panel > Add and Remove programs. Correct?

2 - Is there any documentation available as a PDF file for PSA SE 3?

3- Any tips about the PSA SE 3 download, install and registration that I should know?

4 - Can anyone suggest a way to verify the ODBC - MS Database code on this PC before downloading and using PSA SE 3?

Thanks for your help.
        • 1. Re: PSA SE 3 install preparation questions
          Level 1
          Hi Barb,
          1)Correct, you can uninstall PSA SE2 from Control Panel > Add and Remove programs.

2)Yes, there is an online Help PDF file available. For this go to help manu in SE 3.0 & click "Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 Help..."or you can also press F1 directly to go to help page.
          This page contains a PDF Help file. Download it & use it.
          For further queries about SE 3.0 you can post your problem on this forum as well.

3) PSE SE 3.0 download is free. You'll be allowed to use product for 26 launches without registration. After this you need to register yourself. An email containing an "Unlock Code" will be delievred at ypur mail id. You need to put that unlock code for unlocking the product. After this you can use the product for life.

4) Can you please tell me the steps & the problem that you are facing with this ODBC connection & PSA SE 3.0 thing.

-Agrawal
          • 2. Re: PSA SE 3 install preparation questions
            Barb__O Level 4
            >Can you please tell me the steps & the problem that you are facing with this ODBC connection & PSA SE 3.0 thing.

I am not currently having an ODBC problem. My intention was to validate the installation of the ODBC related code on that machine before using PSA starter edition.

>Yes, there is an online Help PDF file available.

Is there any way that this file can be downloaded from an Adobe site separate from the download of the PSA SE 3 code? The reason is that I want to be able to read that PDF Help file on my PC so that I can help my brother use PSA SE on his PC.
            • 3. Re: PSA SE 3 install preparation questions
              Level 1
              Hi Barb,
              You can download the tutorial from http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.html link.

Can you tell me about suggestions 2) & 3) . Did they help you to solve your problem?

-Agrawal
              • 4. Re: PSA SE 3 install preparation questions
                Barb__O Level 4
                Agrawal,

Thanks, I have downloaded the PDF file from the link you provided.

We ran out of time when I was visiting my brother so we will need to do the download and install the next time that I visit. Thanks for your responses.