6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2007 3:26 PM by (Colin_Walls)

Using pictures as screensavers

I'm using APS 3.0. I can find a menu letting me use a picture as wallpaper but I can't find anything to let me use my photos as screen savers. Can that be done? Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
          Level 1
          No. But Windows has a picture screensaver. Just make a folder, drag some pictures into it from PSA SE and point the Windows screensaver at it.
          • 2. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
            smriti mehra Adobe Employee
            Hi Angela,

There is no way to create screensavers using PSA SE.You can use the photo screen saver supplied with Windows.Point the screensaver at the Pictures folder containing photos you want as screensavers.

-Smriti
            • 3. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
              Level 1
              Thank you for replying. I have a folder with pictures in it. However when I got to properties-screen saver, it has a category that says my "pictures slideshow". When I click on that, it's just a message floating on the screen saying, "There were no pictures to be found in C:\Documents and settings\Compaq_owner\My documents\My albums. (I previously had Compaq photo program and deleted it because I didn't like but this particular setting still says on my screensaver program). I would like to delete that choice from my screensaver menu but don't know how. I actually do not have a folder named \My albums anymore.

However maybe I can circumvent all that anyway, except I do not know what you mean by "point your screensaver" at the file. And for some reason since I just bought this Compaq, I no longer seem to have a "windows help" screen. If I click on help, it goes directly to the HP website.

Sorry this is so long. But if you can tell me where to find the "point your screensaver", I will be happy to try that.

Thank you,
              Angela
              • 4. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
                smriti mehra Adobe Employee
                In Properties->My Pictures Slideshow, click on the Settings button.An Options window will be shown which has a Browse button.Click on the Browse button to select the folder whose pictures you would want as your screensaver. In my case I have chosen the My Pictures folder which contains all my photos.You can choose the folder of your choice and the screensaver should work for you.

Hope this helps.
                Smriti
                • 5. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
                  Level 1
                  Thank you, that helped greatly!!

I'm still wondering how to "point your screensaver" at something.
                  • 6. Re: Using pictures as screensavers
                    Level 1
                    > I'm still wondering how to "point your screensaver" at something

That's what Smitri described.