14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2008 4:53 AM by (alesia_lake)

Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!

Using Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0 on Windows XP Pro

Everything worked fine for some time, then error message appeared when trying to print or attach photo to email.... "Searching for missing file". There are about 30 photos that are "missing" although they can be viewed in the album. Tried the "Reconnect" feature but it cannot reconnect the missing files. Searched for the names of the JPG photos and they do not appear in the list... cannot be found. After some research discovered that they were all in an MOV file named "Picture054.MOV". Any idea how they got put into MOV format??? Or how to put them back into the album as JPG photos??

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
          Can someone help me, I've deleted some old pictures from my documents and now can not open up my one's in Adobe photoshop starter addition? I've tried to go to properties and find it that way and it won't reconnect, it says the file is missing, I have went into my recycle bin and put everything back and that didnt' help either? Any feed back would be very helpful. Thank you
          • 2. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
            BobGager Adobe Employee
            If your images have been pulled back out of the trash, and put back on your hard drive soemwhere, you should be able to use File>Reconnect All Missing Files.
            In that feature, navigate to where you put your images after you pulled them out of the trash.
            • 3. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
              Level 1
              I did pull them all back out of the trash, but still can't reconnect any of the files? When I first put them on my computer, they went straight to the adobe photo shop, I didn't relize they were being saved somewhere else? I didn't relize that until later. Now I have no idea where they originally were saved, I've tried several different ways to find them and have had No such luck, I can see them on the adobe photoshop but there all blurry now, they were clear before and then when I try to pull them up, that's when it starts looking for the missing file again and never finds it, do you think it would help if I reloaded the adope photo shop again?
              • 4. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                BobGager Adobe Employee
                When you choose File>Reconnect All Missing Files... what happens?

It should go try and find the right file. You can help it find the files by clicking Browse in the little windo that opens.

After hitting Browse, you'll get a window that has a list of "Files Missing From The Catalog" on the left. These are your "disconnected" files.
                On the right, is a section called "Locate the Missing Files"
                Select a file on the left, and then navigate on the right to where it is now located on your hard drive.
                When you find it's new location, click "Reconnect"

Let me know if this doesn't work, and if not, what you're seeing when you try and do it.
                Cheers
                Bob
                • 5. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                  I am still having the same missing files problem and many valuable pictures locked up. Tried all of the above and still cannot access any and it transfered all my pictures to its program.
                  Lyndsay
                  • 6. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                    BobGager Adobe Employee
                    Lindsay:
                    if your photos are not located on your hard drive where they were when your
                    imported them into Starter Edition, then there's not much that can be done
                    other than searching for them on your hard drive. Remember, your pictures
                    were never really transfered "into" Starter Edition. What Starter Edition
                    does is catalog them, and create small little thumbnail versions for it to
                    use for rapid access. Your images should still be where the were when you
                    imported them. There's really nothing Starter Edition would have done to
                    move or delete them.
                    Bob
                    • 7. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                      I have Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0. I have unintentionally deleted all my photos from my catalog. I then went to my recycle bin and then restore. In the Photoshop, I selected Reconnect all missing files. At View; go to - View All, only some of the photos were restored. Those I can't view have a big question mark on it. It tells me in Select in the Missing Files to find it's match on the right. But I find no match. How can I restore these photos?
                      • 8. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                        hi i downloaded about 150 photos from my samsung digital camera into adobe photoshop album starter edition 3.2 all of them are in the catalogue but half cannot be printed because the files have gone missing i can,t believe how stupid i am when i downloaded the 150 i was asked did i want to delete the photos from my camera which i did i had some really lovely pics there i went to st austell in cornwall to the screaching owl sanctuary and took loads the sanctuary has the biggest variety of owls in this country.
                        has this happened to anyone else? and what did you do [thats if you can do anything ]i have searched everywhere on the computer but i can,t find them
                        • 9. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                          BOB:

Can you help me with my issue? It is on the FORUM UNDER:

*System Crashed, LOST ALL photo files shows THUMBNAILS only now!*

BGBlake - 04:04am Jun 6, 2007 Pacific

PLEASE help me to get back my pics! HOW can I COPY the THUMBNAILS and NOT loose my photos! If I try to open them or copy them they say "Searching for Missing File Location", then it says "Cannot continue requires at least one connected file"!

These are precious because they are 3 years worth and some family members are no longer with us! PLEASE HELP!

Photoshop Album Starter 3.0

Basically, I had to do a factory restore and the PICS file was NOT under an "XP User Acct" so the files were not saved during restore and were lost! When I re-installed Adobe 3.0 the THUMBNAILS appeared, but of course the file "location" is missing as is all the actual pics! It says one file must be connected to open. Can you help?
                          • 10. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                            Someone please help me. ALL of my pictures have "missing files," I spoke with Arthur at Adobe and he told me to create a new catalog then transfer my pictures over there. How do I do that?
                            • 11. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                              Level 1
                              Julie

Arthur clearly did not know what he was talking about, as that's not possible with PSA SE.

Have you moved or deleted any image files?
                              • 12. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                                cannot reconnect missing files. opened up adobe 3.2 one day and all my pics were in missing files. was able to reconnect several hundred but about 300 hundred are still stuck. i can see the jpg file and a thumbnail of the picture but it will not let me reconnect the file and move the picture back to adobe 3.2. i am not very computer literate to begin with and this is driving me crazy!!

Alesia
                                • 13. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                                  Level 1
                                  Hi Alesia,

Does the thumbnail have a small red broken box? This means it can't find
                                  the original. Can you confirm that you have the original through Windows
                                  explorer?

Cheers
                                  • 14. Re: Missing photos - cannot reconnect - found in mov file!!
                                    Level 1
                                    Hi Jim,
                                    Thanks for replying. There is a small red broken box. I do not not know how to verify if I have the origianl through windows. Can you help me?

Thanks,
                                    Alesia