4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2007 12:43 PM by (Terry_Grills)

I clicked/dragged my photos into the Starter Edition, but can't get to them

I moved my pictures from my camera into the photoshop Starter Ed. 3.0 and the thumbnails appear, but I can't "copy" them to an email, because the software is 'looking' for the file. Well, when I saw them in the Photo Album, I assumed they were really there, so I deleted them from my camera. Now what do I do? How can I get the pictures, which I can see, copied into an email?
        • 1. Re: I clicked/dragged my photos into the Starter Edition, but can't get to them
          Level 1
          Exactly how did you get the pictures from the camera? You should use Get Photos/From Camera or Card Reader. Did you do that?
          • 2. Re: I clicked/dragged my photos into the Starter Edition, but can't get to them
            Level 1
            I merely looked on My Computer, clicked on the camera, clicked on the pictures (selected all) and dragged them and put them into the Photo album. They all showed up and looked great.
            Then I went back to the camera files (which were still highlighted and I hit delete all)
            That's it...I thought it was too easy...probably was eh?
            • 3. Re: I clicked/dragged my photos into the Starter Edition, but can't get to them
              Level 1
              I am sorry Deb, but I think I have bad news for you. What I believe you achieved [and I think PSA SE made this too easy an error to make] is to catalog the files on your camera's memory card. They were never copied onto your computer. You can verify this by opening the Properties pane in PSA SE for one of these pics and looking at its pathname - if it points to the camera's "drive", I am right.

The correct procedure is to either copy the pictures [using D&D of you like] onto the hard drive, then drag into PSA SE. Or use the Get Photos button, which will copy, import and delete for you automatically.

If the lost image are very important and you have not made a lot of use of the card since this occurred, they may be rescueable. Come back if that is an issue.
              • 4. Re: I clicked/dragged my photos into the Starter Edition, but can't get to them
                Hi I have a simular problem as Deb. I have got over a 1000 pics on Photoshop 3.2 for yrs and I have been able to open them in full screen, send via e-mail etc etc. Three days ago I decided that the file was getting to big so I wanted to burn some to CD/DVD, and that's where I started to have problems thereafter. First when I went into Burn to CD and I loaded a CD/DVD it would not burn it and the message was, something like this: Program does not support this action, although I have burnt many to CD before from this program.
                From there on I can't do anything, the pics are all stiil there on my screen but when ever I try and say view large screen or e-mail it comes back cant find the file and goes into Browse mode and never finds the files. Where can they be, I have not deleted any of them or anything. Please any ideas???? Terry