8 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2007 5:46 AM by (Colin_Walls)

Restoring Backup Files

Hi

I recently had to reformat my pc so i backed up my catalogue on a removable HDD (i was using Photoalbum 2.0) It backed up correctly with psb files etc and all the photofiles.

I have installed Photoshop SE 3.0 and cannot see how I restore my backup - there is no Restore command or information on the help pages.

Please help. I hav 10,000 pics all tagged and I do not want to have to tag them all again.

Many thanks

Jim
        • 1. Re: Restoring Backup Files
          Level 1
          PSA 2 and PSA SE 3 are very different animals - PSA 2 was fully functional, paid-for software; PSA SE 3 is lower functionality, freeware. PSA SE has no Backup facility - hence no Restore command.

I recommend you install PSA 2 again and restore.
          • 2. Re: Restoring Backup Files
            Level 1
            Many thanks

Will do

Jim
            • 3. Re: Restoring Backup Files
              I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate and now realise I can not load my version of PSA 1.0. I have downloaded PSA 3.0, but cannot transfer my tags. Can someone explain in clear and detailed English how to bring my tags and photos across to the new laptop or alternatively recommend other adobe software to purchase which will work in a similar fashion to PSA 1.0. Many Thanks Tony
              • 4. Re: Restoring Backup Files
                Level 1
                > alternatively recommend other adobe software to purchase which will work in a similar fashion to PSA 1.0

I do not think that a transition from PSA 1 to PSA SE 3 is possible. You coul dget Photoshop Elements 5 [it costs, but you can download a 30 day trial]. This would be able to read your PSA 1 catalog.
                • 5. Re: Restoring Backup Files
                  Level 1
                  Thanks Colin. I have now purchased PSE 5.0. I have loaded it on to my old laptop and all photos and tags are present! What is the best and simplest way to move all my pictures and tags across to the new laptop. I have already loaded the new PSE 5.0 software onto the new laptop. If you could guide me step by step, it would be most appreciated. Thank-you
                  • 6. Re: Restoring Backup Files
                    Level 1
                    > What is the best and simplest way to move all my pictures and tags across to the new laptop.

There are a few possibilities. If you have an external [USB] hard drive [and if you haven't, I'd recommend getting one, as they are very handy], you could use Organizer's Backup facility to backup the pics and catalog to it, then restore onto the new laptop.

If you're not happy with that, come back and we can discuss other possibilities.
                    • 7. Re: Restoring Backup Files
                      Hi Colin,

I have Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.0, I have downloaded all my photos and videos from my phone onto here, which have now been deleted from my phone. How do I save these onto disk?

Many thanks, Hayley.
                      • 8. Re: Restoring Backup Files
                        Level 1
                        > How do I save these onto disk?

They are on disk. Look at the Properties pane in PSA SE to see exactly where they are.