3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2007 11:36 PM by (Colin_Walls)

Looking for a Different Program for Photo Organizing - Any Suggestions??

In General; I am really happy with Adobe Photoshop.

However I would like a program - or some way - that I could organize all my photos to where I could sort and view them in a more SPECIFIC way where I could tag photos by misc tags (like dates, Current/Old, Pets, Dogs, Cats, etc...) Then when I am looking for a photo... I could type in any of the tags and they would all come up?? sorted to that?

Does anyone know of any other Free software I could try for this? Or anything else that would work?

Thank you for all your time and thoughts to this! I appreciate it!
        • 1. Re: Looking for a Different Program for Photo Organizing - Any Suggestions??
          Level 1
          I recommend Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition. What is it missing? It is more flexible than most other options.

BTW, tagging with dates is silly, as photos already have dates associated with them. Events possibly ...
          • 2. Re: Looking for a Different Program for Photo Organizing - Any Suggestions??
            Level 1
            I AGREE Album Starter Edition is the best and most flexible software that I have come across so far! It has ~Just about~ everything I need!
            I own my own business, handling everything and anything there is with pets, including adoptions and placement. With this I have a big database of photos. I would like to enter in all the information of the photos and then when needed, be able to type in certain information and see what I am looking for. (Example if someone is looking to adopt a 6 mo. old lab puppy - I could go to current pups looking for a home or lab pups) Something kind of like that??
            I tried to create a Microsoft Access database for this however, failed!

I have tried SOOOOO MANY photo programs and software already, and the starter edition is the best, however is limited in organizing and also, being able to send collections to people with the tags and such.

So I just thought I would see if possibly anyone has knowledge of any other programs that are good and Free?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: Looking for a Different Program for Photo Organizing - Any Suggestions??
              Level 1
              I think it would be easy to use PSA SE the way you want.

Set up tags [not collection!] for each animal and breed. That way you could chose "dog" and "lab" and get just those. Set the date on each pic to be the approx birth date - then you could easily bracket your view based upon the required age. Another tag [prob a category would be nice and visible] could signify "available", which you'd obviously need to track.

> is limited in organizing

It isn't - it is very, very flexible compared with anything on the market. I really think it could work well fo you.

Do come back if I can advise more.