4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2007 1:19 PM by (Jim_Jütte)

Application Error

When I download PAS 3.2 and try to open it I get the following error message:

'The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005) Click on Ok to terminate the application'

Any ideas?
      I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but it hasn't helped!
        • 1. Re: Application Error
          Level 1
          Hi Lisa,

This is a pretty general error. Has this occurred since installing? Is there
          anything else you can tell us?

Cheers
          • 2. Re: Application Error
            Level 1
            Yes it has occurredd since installing. If tried to uninstall and reinstall it a few times and the same thing keeps happening.

Do you think it is a problem with the PC or the program? I've downloaded it to other PCs and it's worked perfectly!
            • 3. Re: Application Error
              Level 1
              Hi Lisa,<br /><br />Sorry for the delay. I've been<br /><Lisa_George@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc4af4b.1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Yes it has occurredd since installing. If tried to uninstall and reinstall <br />> it a few times and the same thing keeps happening.<br />><br />> Do you think it is a problem with the PC or the program? I've downloaded <br />> it to other PCs and it's worked perfectly!
              • 4. Re: Application Error
                Level 1
                Sorry for the delay Lisa,

I've been doing a bit of globetrotting. I doubt it is a program with either,
                more likely something that is competing for resources. When you installed,
                did you have AV software running? Does the computer have this or other
                errors when running other software?

Cheers