4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2007 8:22 PM by (Jim_Jütte)

Problems emailing and keeping pictures private

I made a collection today and put 5 photos in it.
      When I put them in an email and click on one of the photos and click on next you can see almost every photo I have.
      I tried copying just the 5 photos, making a new folder on the desktop and pasting there. (still can see too many photos)
      I tried emailing directly from starter edition, same problem.
      How do I keep this from happening?
      I have gotten emails from other people and notice this happens to them too!
      A little unsettling while trying to use this program for business use.

I am using starter edition 3
        • 1. Re: Problems emailing and keeping pictures private
          Level 1
          Hi Linda,

I'm not quite sure of what you are trying to do. Can you please re-explain
          the goal?

Cheers
          • 2. Re: Problems emailing and keeping pictures private
            Level 1
            Hate to admit when I've probably made a mistake, but here goes
            When I composed the email and attached the pictures, I opened the attachments first and click on next.
            Not thinking that when I did this I am accessing my own starter edition and would be able to see the next picture even if it wasn't a picture I was sending in the email.
            Does this make sense to you?
            I sent a picture today as a test. Went to the recepients desk and opened it and tried to click on next and got a screen that said close.
            So I guess the error was actually my thinking.
            Sorry.
            • 3. Re: Problems emailing and keeping pictures private
              BobGager Adobe Employee
              Linda:<br />Here is what's going on...<br />When you are composing the eMail, and have some .jpg attachments (.jpg is <br />the file common format for pictures) and open one of the attachments, <br />Windows needs to use a program to show the .jpg (pictures) to you. When <br />Starter Edition is installed, Windows uses a part of Starter Edition called <br />JPEG Viewer to show you the .jpg's (pictures)<br />JPEG Viewer has this feature were it will allow you to click on that little <br />right or left arrow, and move to the next picture. What it's actually doing <br />is moving to the next picture in the Windows Folder where the attached .jpg <br />is located. So, as you are going next and previous in JPEG Viewer, you are <br />looking at all the .jpg's in that folder, and NOT the .jpg's that are <br />attached to your eMail.<br /><br />Yes, it's a little confusing, but it is what's going on.<br /><br />As you've confirmed, the .jpg's that get sent with the eMail, are only the <br />ones that are actually attached to the eMail by you.<br /><br />For what it's worth, if you upgrade to the latest version of SE (SE3.2), in <br />Edit>Preferences>Files, there is a setting called "Use Photoshop Album <br />Starter Edition to view JPEG Image Files"<br />This setting is checked by default, but if you uncheck it, Windows will go <br />back to using the Windows Image and FAX Viewer to show you your .jpg files. <br />And... Windows Image and FAX Viewer also has the little previous and next <br />buttons that do the same thing as the Starter Edition JPEG Viewer does.<br />Still confusing no matter which viewer you use.<br /><br />Hope that helps a bit.<br />Cheers<br />Bob<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><Linda_McNally@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc4c030.1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Hate to admit when I've probably made a mistake, but here goes<br />> When I composed the email and attached the pictures, I opened the <br />> attachments first and click on next.<br />> Not thinking that when I did this I am accessing my own starter edition <br />> and would be able to see the next picture even if it wasn't a picture I <br />> was sending in the email.<br />> Does this make sense to you?<br />> I sent a picture today as a test. Went to the recepients desk and opened <br />> it and tried to click on next and got a screen that said close.<br />> So I guess the error was actually my thinking.<br />> Sorry.
              • 4. Re: Problems emailing and keeping pictures private
                Level 1
                NEVER be sorry about a mere mistake... We all make mistakes :) It's what
                makes life interesting... just ask any parent ;)

Cheers