9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2007 7:53 AM by BobGager

Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?

I want to save slide show for TV viewing. Will burning a CD save show or just images? Can I save to DVD if I have a DVD burner?
      Can you add music to show?

Thanks Ken

APASE 3.0
        • 1. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
          BobGager Adobe Employee
          Ken:
          Unfortunately, PASE doesn't provide those features.
          You could move up to Adobe's Photoshop Elements/Premeire Elements bundle and
          get all of those capabilites and more.
          Bob
          • 2. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
            I have PASE 3:2 which does offer me the option to "burn to CD" (though I've yet to try it), but I can't see how to add any audio, any thoughts? Andy
            • 3. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
              BobGager Adobe Employee
              Andy:
              The PASE "Burn to CD" is simply used for making a backup copy of your photos
              on a CD so you can keep them seperate, and safe, from your PC in case it
              crashes or is destryed or stolen, or some other disaster.
              It doesn't do anything fancy for displaying on a TV.
              For that, you'll need to upgrade to at least Photoshop Elements, but the
              Photoshop Elements / Premeire Elements bundle would be best.
              Bob
              • 4. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                Level 1
                Bob,
                Many thanks for your reply, guess I'll have to look into upgrading! Before I do though, can you tell me how to make a duplicate of a shot (so I can edit them both differently), I've tried clicking on Duplicate Item, in Edit, but I just get: "The OBDC data source returned the following error: (internal error, data not found)", or is this something else I can't do with the version I have? Thanks in advance.
                Andy
                • 5. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                  BobGager Adobe Employee
                  Andy:<br />Edit>Duplicate Item is the way to make a copy.<br />Is the thumbnail somehow disconnected from the origional image? Sounds like <br />Starter Edition cannot find the origional image file. (hopefully you've read <br />the many threads on image storage.)<br /><br />Have you tried to duplicate any other images?<br />Bob<br /><br /><Andy_Hawthorne@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc4cd5c.3@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Bob,<br />> Many thanks for your reply, guess I'll have to look into upgrading! Before <br />> I do though, can you tell me how to make a duplicate of a shot (so I can <br />> edit them both differently), I've tried clicking on Duplicate Item, in <br />> Edit, but I just get: "The OBDC data source returned the following error: <br />> (internal error, data not found)", or is this something else I can't do <br />> with the version I have? Thanks in advance.<br />> Andy
                  • 6. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                    Can anyone help me?
                    I have successfully created a slide show of my WEDDING! Kinda important to me! I can not save it to a DVD to share. I have 15 minutes of slides and music. Roxio Plus does not work either. I have photoshop elements 5 (and the book for dummies) and still no success. Can anyone help save the day? Please don't make me call the GEEK Squad! Thanks, Mary
                    • 7. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                      BobGager Adobe Employee
                      Mary:
                      This is kinda off topic for the Starter Edition forum, but...

Have you tried the Create>DVD with Menu... function in the Elements
                      Organizer?

Open the Organizer, look for the Create button, and then look for DVD with
                      Menu...

Is it not there, or does it not work?
                      Bob
                      • 8. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                        Level 1
                        Bob,
                        Thanks for the rapid reply. I'm not too sure what this means...."This is kinda off topic for the Starter Edition forum, but...
                        Sorry, Evidently I'm not knowledgeable to the Starter Edition forum. Regardless, I received this reply from Adope Support this morning. It has answered my question and my confusion. PS: I am teaching myself the program, albeit, without the knowledge base I really need.

From Adobe support: "I understand that you are unable to burn a DVD with Photoshop Elements.

In order to burn a DVD you have to have Premiere elements. Premiere
                        Elements is a video editing program and allows you to burn to DVD.
                        Photoshop Elements is a image editing program so it cannot do such advanced video work.

Basically, go buy Photoshop Elements...which I will. Thanks again. Good luck to you and all future endeavors.
                        Mary
                        • 9. Re: Can you burn slide show for TV viewing?
                          BobGager Adobe Employee
                          Mary:
                          Sounds like a good answer.

As you're shopping for Premeire Elements, be sure to check at
                          http://www.adobe.com/special/funoffers.html?id=catPSE_PRE_PEPE_Offers&sourcecode=187800

It's the page Adobe uses to give a discount to Starter Edition users.
                          Bob