6 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2008 2:00 PM by (DAN_CAMMAROTO)

Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)

When I choose Date (Newest First) in the Photo Well Arrangement the newest photo is
      b not
      shown, but the oldest photo the newest day. I would like to have the photos sorted so that the very newest photo is shown first - how do I do?

The way "Newest First" sorts the photos is causing problems when viewing the full screen slideshow. I can't choose the first photo in the Photo Well, view the slideshow and than browse through the photos by clicking the right arrow, because the slideshow will then stop when I reach the very newest picture (which is not the first shown as I wrote above).
        • 1. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
          smriti mehra Adobe Employee
          Hi,

In the Edit-Preferences there is a setting to view the Newest photos within each day first when the Arrangemment By date is Newest. Checking this setting will show you the newest photos within each day when the Arrangemment By date is Newest.Hope this helps.

-Smriti
          • 2. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
            I have the Photo Well view on newest first but I cannot get the collections to offer reorder arrangement to newest first......it only offers oldest first and now all my collections view oldest first and I don't want it that way....how do I get each collection to view newest first?

Bonnie
            • 3. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
              Level 1
              Hi Bonnie,

How are you trying to do this? If I click on the bottom left, I can flip
              images around quite easily.

Cheers
              • 4. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
                TOPIC- DATE AND TIME ON ALL MY PHOTOS IS INACCURATE.
                HOW DOES ONE MANUALLY DATE/TIME PHOTOS IN
                'ADOBE STARTER EDITION 3.2 IN THE ALBUM ?

I'VE CLICKED AND DOUBLE CLICKED ALL OVER THE CATALOG PAGE CONTAINING ALL MY PICTURES BUT I CAN'T FIND A WAY TO RE-DATE/TIME EACH INDIVIDUAL PICTURE.

ALSO, IN VERSION 3.0, I WAS ABLE TO CLICK AND DRAG ANY PICTURE ON THE PAGE TO ARRANGE IT INTO SPECIFIC 'GROUPS' ON THE CATALOG SCREEN/PAGE REGARDLESS OF ITS DATE/TIME. NOW, ALL MY PICTUES ARE
                RANDOMLY SCRAMBLED AND NOT IN THE ORDER/ARRANGEMENT I FORMERLY HAD -IN 3.0.

PLEASE HELP. MANY THANKS.
                DAN CAMMAROTO NOVEMBER 12, 2007
                • 5. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
                  Level 1
                  Hi Dan,

Can you confirm that your camera is set to the proper date. I can't see
                  this happening on my computer. If you find that the camera is okay, then
                  you can still adjust the time and date with Ctrl-J or Edit Adjust Date
                  and Time

I think the arrangements you are referring to are collections. They
                  still exist in 3.2.

Oh... could just not use all caps. It's hard on the eyes. Thanks.

Cheers
                  • 6. Re: Photo Well Arrangement by Date (Newest First)
                    Level 1
                    May 23, 2008

Dear Mr. Jutte AND Adobe (-Apologies for the lack of exact and proper spelling of your name, sir).

Thank you for your attempt at coming to my assistance. I only just now discovered it.

At this time I'd like to say that I sent a polite message to Adobe some time ago to kindly remove my name -and confidential inquiry- from Google/Internet. In all innocence, I had no idea whatsoever that my -what I thought was confidential- correspondence would show up for all the world to see. Obviously, my request has been disregarded and denied which displeases me.

Perhaps someone representing Adobe can point out to me why, despite my request for deletion, my request has been ignored / disregarded despite what their (overlooked, by me) "terms" might have stipulated. Exceptions are always possible, aren't they -at very least, out of common courtesy.
                    While I very much appreciate the Adobe product line and my use of some of it, I, nonetheless, remain a tad disenchanted.

I've discontinued my use of Adobe Photoshop as I've found it to be unreliable and cumbersome. (I.E., When my system crashed in March most, if not all, of my content was able to be reconstituted- everything EXCEPT my Adobe photoshop image collection). It was fun while it lasted, but I've determined it's only folly to invest time and effort in an application that lacks the ability to be 'saved' or salvaged. Thanks, anyway, Adobe. Perhaps 'free-ware' is not such a good deal or great idea after all.

As concerns the INTRUSIVE AND TAXING IMPOSITION my use of 'caps' proved to be on your eyes, I apologize, Mr. Jutte. It shall not happen again. You are/were truly saintly to have endured what you went through in order to attempt to come to my assistance. I'm sure the good lord will reward you. Thanks, again. Dan

P.S.- Please do not reply, Mr. Jutte.