3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2007 12:41 PM by (Jim_Jütte)

Copy photos with info  and data to a cd

I have Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 and put in all the photos I had in my files. Then marked every single photo with information and data (a hell of work) and decided to make a backup copy on cd.
      To my astonishment on the cd all the photos turned out to be completely unorganized and all the text I put below them were nowhere to be found!!!
      Did I do something wrong, or is it not possible to get an organized cd with information using this edition of Photoshop?

Thanks in advance for your help.
        • 1. Re: Copy photos with info  and data to a cd
          smriti mehra Adobe Employee
          Hi Adriana,

The Organization and the text/caption for the photos is stored in the catalog.Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 is a free version and does not offer the Back Up catalog functionality. You can backup the files(photos and videos) in this but not the catalog. Inorder to Backup the catalog along with pics you will have to upgrade to Photoshop Elements 5.0. You can manually copy the catalog file which is a .psa file along with all the pictures onto a CD and use it later. But in this case you will have to reconnect the missing files in the copied catalog as the location of the files will change. Photoshop Elements gives a cleaner way to Back Up the catalog and Restore it later.

Hope this helps.
          -Smriti
          • 2. Re: Copy photos with info  and data to a cd
            I am trying tommove a block of pictures from my d drive over to photo shop 3.0 and want to move more than one photo at a time. Or I can load them into photo shop from a CD. I want to be able to make additional copies once all loaded into photo shop. Seems so overwellming and so complicated. Also I have writable rights that I purchased for my daughters wedding. One is a video (DVD) can I load the video into my photo shop and how do I make copies of the video from photo shop?

Susie
            • 3. Copy photos with info and data to a cd
              Level 1
              >I am trying tommove a block of pictures from my d drive over to photo shop
              >3.0 and want to move more than one photo at a time.
              I'm not sure what you mean by moving pictures from D: drive to PS 3... PSA
              SE 3.2 is just a cataloging application. It doesn't actually store anything,
              it just tells you where things are, or helps you to work with them.

>Or I can load them into photo shop from a CD.

It sounds like you just want to make sure the PSA SE knows that they are
              there....

Essentially, you can just Click on the "Get Photos" button and choose the
              source. Keep in mind that this will NOT physically move images and doesn't
              have that ability like Photoshop Elements 5.0.

As to the DVD... it can track it depending on the video type. When you say
              "Get Photos"... look to see if has detected it. If you see that it has and
              offers to catalogue it for you, then you know that you're okay.

Cheers