30 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2008 9:10 AM by (Nomfundo_Mbinambina)

unlocking my photoshop

Level 1
      I have tried to register my photoshop, but continue to get an error message. However, it did email me the unlock code for my program. As of right now I cant get into my photoshop because the trial use has expired. I try to tell the program that I have the unlock code for my photoshop, and it lets me type it in, but when I click on the button to unlock the program and open it......it simply shuts down and the window closes. I cant get into my photos and it is frustrating!!! Can anyone please help?????
        • 1. Re: unlocking my photoshop
          Level 1
          What happens when you enter the unlock code and press the button titled "Unlock Now"?
          • 2. Re: unlocking my photoshop
            Level 1
            i have photoshop album starter 3.2 and every time i open it it ask me to register it and i do but i never get a code in my email to use. and now i only have 13 times left to use it so what can i do to get the unlock code so i will be able to keep using it??? please help
            • 3. Re: unlocking my photoshop
              Level 1
              Hi Roberta,

It is likely going to your spam bucket. Try calling this number if you're in
              North America. They'll get you sorted. (800-833-6687)

Cheers
              • 4. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                Level 1
                I need unlock code.I cant access my photos
                • 5. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                  Level 1
                  Photo starter 3.0 is giving a headache, hey can assist me with unlock code
                  • 6. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                    Level 1
                    I also have the same problem with 3.2 starter - it requests you to register every time you open it - you register and it acknowledges it has received registration and you will receive an unlock code by email. Unfortunately this does not arrive in inbox or spam box or any other box !! Double checked e mail address provided . This has happened several times and it is counting down to the number of times I can open - presumably when this arrives soon the program will just not open !!

any ideas ???

Mal
                    • 7. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                      Level 1
                      Try to register with a different eMail address.

The Unlock Code is tied to the eMail address you use to register.
                      When entering the unlock code, you must use the exact same eMail address . If you don't, the unlock code won't match the eMail address, and it won't unlock.

Cheers
                      CS
                      www.startereditionuser.com
                      • 8. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                        Level 1
                        I don't have unlock code for opening adobe photoshop starter edition 3. so, pl. provide me the same at my e-id jitendra_ngp@rediffmail.com

regards & thanks

jitendra
                        • 9. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                          Level 1
                          I registered with Adobe and received my unlock code but when I open the program and enter the unlock code exactly as it was given to me, the "Unlock Now" button is all grey so I can't click on it to access the program. Can anyone help me?
                          • 10. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                            Level 1
                            I have exactly the same problem and now my PSA has expired even though the info on the site says it is not time limited or data limited. They failed to say it was limited to X number of uses ! I think that the purpose of not sending the Unlock Key is to force you to purchase evn though I havn't been able to fully try the program out. Try Google, it has a really top class program for photos.
                            • 11. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                              Level 1
                              I tried to unlock my program again (I'm very stubborn). As I did before, I used the "copy" and "paste" method to make sure all of the unlock numbers & letters were correct. This time, however, I hit the left arrow key by mistake and the "Unlock Now" button became active and I could click on it and the software opened!

I hope this will help you activate your program.
                              • 12. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                Level 1
                                For those that are still having problems with numbers, you can call
                                Adobe CS at 1-800-833-6687...

Cheers
                                • 13. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                  Level 1
                                  I have this same problem and it says that I need administrator priviledges but I am the only user on this computer and the account is administrator. Very frustrating
                                  • 14. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                    Level 1
                                    Scott,

I am using Windows Vista and had the same problem as you.

I managed to get around it as follows :

1 Right Click on the desktop shortcut for Photoshop and then select the 'Run as Administrator' option.

2 Photoshop will launch and I found that I could then enter my unlock code.

Hope this works for you.

Regards,

Chris.
                                    • 15. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                      Level 1
                                      Thank you chris, this was the ONLY thing that worked for me and i tried EVERYTHING!!
                                      • 16. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                        Level 1
                                        I have also same problem of unloking of photoshop
                                        please kindly inform me how to unlock pls give permanant soln on this problem
                                        yours
                                        Bipin shinde
                                        • 17. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                          Level 1
                                          Bipin,

Can you confirm the nature of your problem? Some people have different
                                          problems because they are using different operating systems.

Cheers
                                          • 18. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                            Level 1
                                            I've called the toll free number 1-800-833-6687 and then sent me to this forum....Even with the key, I can't get into the Photo shop....I have tried countless times to no avail....Need help too...This is so very frustrating....Unfortunately there are many of us in this same boat....Can't believe it...What has happened?
                                            • 19. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                              Level 1
                                              I've called the toll free number and they sent me to this forum....Even with the key, I can't get into the Photo shop....I have tried countless times to no avail....Need help too...This is so very frustrating....Unfortunately there are many of us in this same boat....Can't believe it...Can anyone help me?
                                              Thank you......Teresa
                                              • 20. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                Level 1
                                                Hi Teresa,

Just found this... so, this is not a question of you not having a key,
                                                this just isn't working. Have you tried unintalling and reinstalling
                                                then using a new number?

You should be aware that your images are still on the PC and you can
                                                still get them with other applications if this isn't working for you.

You can try picassa from google. There is no key required and while
                                                limited, at least you can find your images.

Something sounds odd with your problem, different from this typical
                                                issue. Can you confirm that you are using PSA SE 3.02?

Cheers
                                                • 21. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                  Level 1
                                                  Hi Jim...
                                                  Called Adobe twice yesterday and both times they said that I could uninstall and then reinstall but that I would loose my pic's and I don't want to do that...I have too many in there...Don't want to take the chance of loosing them....I have also tried Picasa....Have some photo's in there but not the same ones as in Adobe....Tried to export them from Adobe to Picasa before this "new" problem arose to no avail...Adobe wouldn't let me do anything with the pic's that are in there...It has been a very frustrating experience....Thought that I could get them out unto an external hard drive and couldn't do that either....They were stuck in Adobe....When I try to get in now, the window opens and I see my first pic but then I have to enter the "key" (which I never had to before)and then everything disappears. I get as far as this: My Catalog - Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition3.0 I know that the pic's are still in this computer but I need to get them out....Thank you for responding...I truly appreciate it....
                                                  • 22. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                    Level 1
                                                    Oh my God!!!!!!!
                                                    Me too
                                                    Exact same problem. This is no different than a fraud. This has been ongoing issues. U think they would try to come up with a fix/solution.
                                                    I've called the toll free number 1-800-833-6687 and then sent me to this forum....Even with the key, I can't get into the Photo shop....I have tried countless times to no avail....Need help too...This is so very frustrating....Unfortunately there are many of us in this same boat.
                                                    • 23. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                      Level 1
                                                      Take a look at
                                                      http://www.startereditionuser.com/?page_id=25
                                                      for a couple tips on getting your unlock code.
                                                      Also try posting to the forum at http://www.startereditionuser.com
                                                      You might find a nice sole there who can help.
                                                      Cheers
                                                      CS
                                                      • 24. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                        Level 1
                                                        Thanks in advance to you users out there who offer help! I have the same problem as C. Duffany who posted in September 07. I get the unlock code in an email without a problem, when I go through the registration process and say that I have the unlock code already and paste it into the field, Adobe just throws me out, and Photoshop closes and I am back to my desktop. This has happened numerous times -- I turned off my firewall in case it was interfering (I saw mention of this in another forum), restarted, and tried it again. Nothing works.
                                                        • 25. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                          Level 1
                                                          Loretta:
                                                          When you go through the unlock process, are you using the same email address you used to get your unlock code?
                                                          The code is matched to an email address. If you try and use a different email address, it wont' work.
                                                          CS
                                                          http://www.startereditionuser.com
                                                          • 26. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                            Level 1
                                                            Yes, I use the same address. I register, get my unlock code at my email address (that part just takes a few seconds). I click the "I already have an unlock code" button, type in the unlock code, sometimes I copy and paste it, but no matter what after I enter it and press whatever I am supposed to in order to continue, I am completely thrown out of Adobe and right back to my personal desktop. Just tried it again right now to see if it had changed, but no.

I am extra irritated today because I received my first edition of "Adobe Tips and Tricks" or something to that effect - it is Adobe's friendly e-newsletter that you receive after you've registered (proof that I have and that my email address is okay). So now I can read all about the great things I *could* be doing with Adobe Photoshop... if I could only get to access the program again!

Don't worry, I still have a sense of humor about this, but I am aggravated too.
                                                            • 27. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                              Level 1
                                                              I am having the exact same problem as Loretta Burdeaux and I need someone to tell me what to do fix the problem. Everytime I try to unlock my photoshop shuts down and brings me back to my desk top. I also have the adobe photoshop starter edition 3.0. Does anyone have a solution?
                                                              • 28. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                                Level 1
                                                                I registered my Adobe photoshop album atarter edition 3.2 and have received the unlock code but each time I try to enter the code the button "unlock now" will not highlight so I am forced to exit with out unlocking. I only have 17 more times to use the edition. Any help as to what is the problem will be appreciated.
                                                                • 29. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                                  Level 1
                                                                  I am in the same boat also except when I copy and paste the unlock code in the box the "unlock now" button is highlighted I click on it and it just shuts the program down and when I reopen it it's the same thing as if I never unlocked it?? I called the 800# they told me to try a different email they gave me a new unlock code same thing. He referred me to this forum, I've read the posts but didn't see anything excatly like mine... I am running Windows XP and I also tried the right click on the APS desktop icon clicked the run as adminstrator option but it prompts for a password?? I don't have one??? So it kciks me out...any help would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                  • 30. Re: unlocking my photoshop
                                                                    Level 1
                                                                    Hi there,

I have tried to register my photoshop, but continue to get an error message. However, two emails that gave me the unlock code for my program. As of right now I cant get into my photoshop,I tried to type in my unlock code for my photoshop, and it lets me type it in, but when I click on the button to unlock the program and open it, it simply shuts down. I cant get into my photos and it's frustrating!!! Can anyone please help?!

Thank you,

Nomfundo