1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 19, 2008 6:35 AM by Newsgroup_User

Turning off Check In/Check Out Feature

Cynthia_C._Smith
      Hello All,

I am taking over a website that had the feature of Check In/Check Out turned on. I turned off this feature since there is only one website developer. My understanding of this feature is that it is useful when you have more than one website developer. I would now like to get rid of the multiple thousands of LCK files that are the result. Can I just go in and delete them or should I do it another way? Please help. Thank you.

Cynthia
        • 1. Re: Turning off Check In/Check Out Feature
          Level 7
          Use FINDER/EXPLORER to delete them, but you should DOWN synch all locked
          files first.

I'd leave checkin/checkout turned ON, Check out the entire site. Then turn
          CI/CO off, and manually delete the lock files.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"Cynthia C. Smith" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gg17s6$pt5$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello All,
          >
          > I am taking over a website that had the feature of Check In/Check Out
          > turned
          > on. I turned off this feature since there is only one website developer.
          > My
          > understanding of this feature is that it is useful when you have more than
          > one
          > website developer. I would now like to get rid of the multiple thousands
          > of LCK
          > files that are the result. Can I just go in and delete them or should I do
          > it
          > another way? Please help. Thank you.
          >
          > Cynthia
          >