6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2009 10:53 AM by nice multimedia

create a simple test

nice multimedia
      How can I create a test that allows the user to drag an object to a label and then upon pushing a button report the score? There are 3 objects and 3 labels.
        • 1. Re: create a simple test
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          If you search the Flash help documentation for _dropTarget there is an example there that will get you started on the dragging and dropping aspect. When you get thru that, see what else you need as far as scoring goes... you'll want to compare what targets things landed on to what they should have.
          • 2. Re: create a simple test
            nice multimedia Level 1
            thanks for the direction!
            • 3. Re: create a simple test
              nice multimedia Level 1
              the help documentation helps me accomplish the drag and drop function but I still need help with the "testing".
              • 4. create a simple test
                Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                What have yopu tried on your own for the testing aspect?

You need to compare if the droptarget is equal to the target that it should be dropped on, and the example I pointed you to does that. So if it matches what it should be then that part of the test is tallied as a correct score (one third of the total score possible in your case). So you add that score value to a score variable that starts off at 0.

You'll need to detect if the thing wasn't dropped on any of the targets somewhere along the line so that you can keep track of how many have been placed where they should be (on one of the three targets). If they aren't, or they get dropped on a target that's already occupied, then you should send them back to the starting point. You'll need other variables for storing statuses and stuff.

So when all three objects have been placed in a different target, you need to have a button appear (that you kept invisible until then) that when clicked will display the score in a textfield.

You need to plan out the logic, then build the code to make it happen. I'm assuming you aren't an absolute newbie in programming Flash, so if that's not the case, maybe you need to hire someone to code this for you.
                • 5. Re: create a simple test
                  nice multimedia Level 1
                  thanks! I will continue to test.
                  • 6. Re: create a simple test
                    nice multimedia Level 1
                    I NEED HELP!!!
                    Can someone tell me if it is possible to have a "partially" correct score for a drag and drop quiz question?

http://www.nicemultimedia.com/LinkSol/dragTest.swf

If you view the sample, the score is either correct or incorrect even though you may have one of the choices correct.

So, if one of the choices is correct how can i make the quiz score 1 out of 3 instead of 0 out of 3?

this is the only question in the quiz.

the correct choices are 1 with 1, 2 with 2 and 3 with 3.