7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2013 1:27 AM by TA Andy

    DHTML not working - dropdown text

    blmjohnson Level 1
        • 1. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi there blmjohnson

          Have you tried clicking Tools > Update DHTML Effects in Topics?

          Might be worth a shot... Rick
          • 2. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
            blmjohnson Level 1
            Yes I did that yesterday, but it didn't do anything. Now this morning I tried it again. First I checked out all files, ran the "update DHTML Effects in Topics" and this time it actually went through the process of updating and when I generated the project the links are working. Now when I update the project to our production environment, the DHTML is no longer working. Any suggestions?

            Also, now, I am seeing $$PLACEHOLDERS$$ in some of my topics. Any clue as to why this is happening?

            Thanks Rick for your help.
            • 3. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
              TA Andy Level 1

              Hi Everyone,

               

              I appreciate that this is an ancient thread, but I have just emerged from a very painful couple of days merging old help systems together, and I had a nightmare with dropdowns no longer working in my updated output.

              I had a situation where in 75% of cases, the dropdowns were working fine, but in the remaining 25% - they just weren't working, and I could not for the life of me figure out why.

              I've got round it now, and to be honest I don't really understand how this has fixed it, but it has.

              So in case this is of use to someone else experiencing this issue, I thought it worth sharing.

               

              BTW I found a reference to this issue in another forum that suggested RH sometimes gets the popup ids confused between the popup link and destination text - but mine were all all ok.

              What eventually solved this for me was this:

              1. In the original topic - press ctrl+A to select everything and then ctrl+C to copy it all to the clipboard..
              2. Create a new topic and in the New Topic press Ctrl+V to paste in all the copied content (it should look exactly the same, but NB there are some subtle differences in the new html that will hopefully get your dropdowns working again).
              3. In the New Topic, press Ctrl+A to copy everything to the clipboard.
              4. Back in the original topic, delete everything.
              5. Then still in the original topic, press Ctrl+V to paste in all the content you've just copied from the New Topic.

              Hopefully voila! - your dropdowns will be working nicely again.

              I'd love to be able to explain what's going on here, but to be honest I can't be bothered to work it out + I don't have time. Hope this helps.

               

              Cheers,

              Andy

              • 4. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
                Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

                Didn't  'Update DHTML effects in topics' work? (In the tools menu?)

                 

                Greet,

                 

                Willam

                • 5. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
                  TA Andy Level 1

                  Hi William,

                   

                  Thanks for replying and apologies for taking so long to respond.

                  I did try that Update option. It made absolutely no difference - all I got was a warning saying that the dhtml effects would no longer be backwards compatible or something, and then a big process bar as it went away and did something.

                  But it did not fix this issue for me...

                   

                  Cheers,

                   

                   

                  Andy

                  • 6. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
                    Flaven Level 1

                    TA, you didn't note what version you are using, but RH10 has issues with DHTML. I reported a bug over two months ag0 (see: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4910475#4910475) that had been confirmed by others, but there has been no solution provided as yet. It would be helpful (maybe ) if you reported this issue, too.

                    • 7. Re: DHTML not working - dropdown text
                      TA Andy Level 1

                      Hi Flaven,

                       

                      Thanks for that, and apologies for not mentioning the version of RH I'm using - it's RH10.

                       

                      I have another gripe actually that may wwell be connected to your other post. So I'll do some more digging and report back etc.

                       

                      Cheers,

                       

                       

                      Andy