5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2008 2:54 PM by tuilorraine

DW and Vista

tuilorraine Level 1
      Two things I've always avoided as web designer. One is Vista and the other is laptops. But now thinking of buying a laptop as it seems good graphics capability in laptops has now become more affordable. I've been digging in my toes and avoiding Vista because I heard all the horror stories. Is Vista still something to be avoided by folks like me using the Adobe web collection? It could come to a head for me soon as it is difficult to get a laptop that doens't come with Vista on board. Wonder if I should consider getting a Mac laptop? I'm a career-long windows user though. I still use GoLive a lot too .
        • 1. Re: DW and Vista
          Level 7
          I have used the Adobe programs and Vista right from the start. I've had no
          serious problems other than just getting accustomed to the things that Vista
          does a bit differently.

--
          Murray --- ICQ 71997575
          Adobe Community Expert
          (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
          ==================
          http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
          ==================

"tuilorraine" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gghmo5$77d$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Two things I've always avoided as web designer. One is Vista and the other
          > is
          > laptops. But now thinking of buying a laptop as it seems good graphics
          > capability in laptops has now become more affordable. I've been digging in
          > my
          > toes and avoiding Vista because I heard all the horror stories. Is Vista
          > still
          > something to be avoided by folks like me using the Adobe web collection?
          > It
          > could come to a head for me soon as it is difficult to get a laptop that
          > doens't come with Vista on board. Wonder if I should consider getting a
          > Mac
          > laptop? I'm a career-long windows user though.
          >

• 2. Re: DW and Vista
            tuilorraine Level 1
            That was a quick response! Thank-you - very re-assuring!
            • 3. Re: DW and Vista
              Level 7
              Is Vista still
              > something to be avoided by folks like me using the Adobe web collection?

I've used Vista and CS3 for over a year on a laptop. It's fine. Just
              different to XP. Neither better, nor worse.

Wonder if I should consider getting a Mac
              > laptop? I'm a career-long windows user though.

Forget about either/or. Use both (as funds become available).
              I'm a career-long Windows user too.
              Now I've got a Mac Mini for testing in OSX and use a Dell Inspiron 1520
              laptop with Vista Ultimate as my production machine.
              I also have access to PCs running XP.

--
              Regards

John Waller

• 4. Re: DW and Vista
                Kapitaine Level 1
                I had some issues with version 8 suite but nothing serious.

I now have CS3 and I think it's fully supported. No problems whatsoever.
                • 5. Re: DW and Vista
                  tuilorraine Level 1
                  John's idea makes a good point- a good designer should be testing on macs anyway - something I've always slithered out of, but could be worth considering. They are in the real world now again. However, I may need to do some actual work on the sites from this laptop - I do a web site for a cycling organisation planning a week-long tour from one end of the island to the other through remote locations. I need to be there with them taking photos, writing stories and uploading to the web from the ***-wops. I would be doing some riding too of course. But I'd need my usual Adobe web software to be running on it.Don't want to have to also buy the mac version.