4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2009 4:31 PM by soom1976

Reordering tabs

Vee S Level 1
      With the addition of tabs in CS4, I'd like to request that when a user reorders them, their order should be preserved when using the Command-Tilde shortcut. For example, I have files labeled A, B, and C. I open them in the order of A, C, B. I reorder the tabs so they're lined up as A, B, C. Currently, when I "tab" through they follow the order of how they were opened, A, C, B. But this should really be A, B, C.

The reason for my request is that my work includes many sets of images that follow a certain order.
        • 1. Re: Reordering tabs
          sfjedi Level 1

I totally support this feature request. Some people might argue that it's a small thing and you should get over it, but I completely support requests like these.

• 2. Re: Reordering tabs
            Reynolds (Mark) Level 4

Yes changing the sorting order of open images is something that I requested once before. It would perhaps be best implemented with a control (mac) or right click (PC) on the tab itself - then the ability to choose  Alphabetical, or Date Modified. Would be best if this worked on both tabbed documents as well, as standard floating windows.

• 3. Re: Reordering tabs
              sfjedi Level 1

Reynolds (Mark) wrote:

It would perhaps be best implemented with a control (mac) or right click (PC) on the tab itself - then the ability to choose  Alphabetical, or Date Modified. Would be best if this worked on both tabbed documents as well, as standard floating windows.

That's a really good idea Mark. I support that too.

• 4. Re: Reordering tabs
                soom1976 Level 1

Totally agreed! It's frustrating working with many images without the possibility to reorder them. I think reordering option should come along with options like reorder alphabetically, by date and by type etc. – just like any file browser does.