Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting a reference number in topics

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am working with a very large RoboHelp project, and I want to put reference numbers at the bottom of every page to be able to locate pages easily using this number, and to be able to refer to the pages using a number only.

I have been looking for this feature in RoboHelp HTML, but so far I haven't succeeded. Is there a way to do this? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Your help is really appreciated!

Daan Raman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daan and welcome to the RH community.

Please excuse me if I appear a bit confused. Are you referring to the need to add reference numbers to printed documentation or the actual RH topics? If the former, this can be achieved after you generate the printed document inside the Word file. If the later, you can create a template and apply this to all the topics. However the number would not increment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Colum,

Thank you for your quick reply to my question!

Sorry for the confusion, I want to add incremental reference numbers to every different topic in RH. I will have a look at RH Templates, but I will still need to find out a way to auto increment the reference numbers.

Thanks again,
Daan Raman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daan.
You do of course realise that if it is in the RH topic that it appears in the output (unless you use a build tag to suppress it of course). You could indeed just add a number to the start of each topic title and use a build tag to suppress it from the output. Just a thought!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am curious as to how these numbers are going to be used to locate the pages. Who is going to use this numbering and how?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp