1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2008 12:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Creating Drop Shadow

lworrilow
      It seems like creating a simple drop shadow would be an easy task but I've tried with no luck. I've looked at all of the help and followed the directions in help. I have a jpg (a photo) and want to place a drop shadow on the bottom and right side. I've selected the image and clicked on Effects in the Properties box and selected Drop Shadow from the Shadow and Glow menu. The Distance is set at 7, the color is black, Opacity is 65%, Softness is 4, and the Angle is 315. I click out of the box, the Effects show a check mark and Drop Shadow but there's no shadow. What am I missing here? Selecting Preview just shows the image without the shadow.
        • 1. Re: Creating Drop Shadow
          Level 7
          Once you have applied your drop shadow, click outside your image and in the
          Property Inspector click 'Fit Canvas', that should do it.

Peter
          | tried with no luck. I've looked at all of the help and followed the
          directions
          | in help. I have a jpg (a photo) and want to place a drop shadow on the
          bottom
          | and right side. I've selected the image and clicked on Effects in the
          | Properties box and selected Drop Shadow from the Shadow and Glow menu. The
          | Distance is set at 7, the color is black, Opacity is 65%, Softness is 4,
          and
          | the Angle is 315. I click out of the box, the Effects show a check mark
          and
          | Drop Shadow but there's no shadow. What am I missing here? Selecting
          Preview
          | just shows the image without the shadow.
          |