3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2008 3:41 PM by Ann Shelbourne RSS

Photoshop Will Not Start

Community Member
      I am using a G5 2.5 quad with 8gb RAM running 10.5.2. This machine runs 24/7.

I use Photoshop CS3. (10.0.1)

Today when I started Photoshop it would not load and gave an error message box that says, " The application Adobe Photoshop CS3 quit unexpectedly. Mac OS X and other applications are not affected. Click Relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple."

The Report Reads as follows:
      Process: Adobe Photoshop CS3 [466]
      Path: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS3
      Identifier: com.adobe.Photoshop
      Version: ??? (???)
      Code Type: PPC (Native)
      Parent Process: launchd [84]

Date/Time: 2008-04-16 15:07:24.231 -0400
      OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.2 (9C7010)
      Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
      Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x000000008fe0105c
      Crashed Thread: 0

Dyld Error Message:
      Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/AdobeAGM.framework/Versions/A/AdobeAGM
      Referenced from: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Adobe Photoshop CS3.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Photoshop CS3
      Reason: image not found

I tried holding down option, command and shift when starting in order to re-set preferences--no luck.

I have tried Disk Warrior, repair permissions, Onyx to clean caches--no luck.

When I try to use the uninstaller, I get the error message "This software cannot be installed because the file system of the OS volume is not supported."

What can I try next?