• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Tag Stylesheet Reference?

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2008 Nov 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a branded version of help and a generic version of help.

I originally set this up using two different templates, each with their own separate stylesheet.

But this is extra work when I output layouts. I have to switch all topics from one template to another. (Ideally you should be able to select a template in the layout options, no?)

I'd like to use one template and use conditional tags to show the appropriate stylesheet. Is this possible?

Or is there some other way to accomplish the same thing?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your version of RH and quite how the branding is implemented, sounds like Variables could help. In one version a value could be GenericName and in another BrandX.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH 7.

I'm using variables and tags. That works great.

What I'm trying to do is generate 2 layouts from the same topics that use different stylesheets, w/o having to switch templates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the change just the CSS stylesheet or does the template have to change as well?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd just like to change the reference to another stylesheet, for example from styleBrand.css to styleGeneric.css.

I'm only using the template so I can have separate stylesheets. (I'm using tags to show different content in the headers and footers.)

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So assuming all topics have one CSS, in the topic list select all the topics and right click. In Properties select the other style sheet and generate. Then revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I'm doing now.

I'm asking if there is a way to do it programatically/automatically so I can batch generate both layouts without manually having to swap out templates or stylesheets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"What I'm trying to do is generate 2 layouts from the same topics that use different stylesheets, w/o having to switch templates."

What I suggested does allow you to switch CSS without switching template. Sorry misunderstood you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not without manually assigning the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp