3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 7:39 AM by Newsgroup_User

capture from fscommand

surya_dhul Level 1
      generally we capture commands coming from a flash file in VB script and javascript using "fscommand" event. Is there any such similar event to capture commands from swf file in flex builder3
        • 1. Re: capture from fscommand
          Level 7

"surya_dhul" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ggg9j6$af6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > generally we capture commands coming from a flash file in VB script and
          > javascript using "fscommand" event. Is there any such similar event to
          > capture commands from swf file in flex builder3

I don't know that there's any way to actually run a swf file in Flex Builder
          3. Could you be more specific?

• 2. Re: capture from fscommand
            surya_dhul Level 1
            i am saying that generally in javascript after the swf is embedded we can capture events sent by swf by using fscommand event as flash_DOFSCommand(string command, string args). Is there any similar way in flex 3?
            • 3. Re: capture from fscommand
              Level 7

"surya_dhul" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gginif$g76$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              >i am saying that generally in javascript after the swf is embedded we can
              > capture events sent by swf by using fscommand event as
              > flash_DOFSCommand(string
              > command, string args). Is there any similar way in flex 3?

I think you're saying that after the swf is embedded in HTML, you can
              capture such events, since AFAIK you can't just embed a swf in javascript
              itself with no web page involvement.

Flex Builder is an application that produces swfs. You can write plugins
              for Builder that do various things, but I'm suspecting that if it is
              possible to write a plugin that uses a swf as an interface, the steps to do
              it are beyond the experience of the regular posters on here.

Now, if you're asking about loading a swf inside the swf or AIR application
              that Flex Builder actually builds, no you don't use fsCommand, because
              you're still actually working with Flash within Flash. If the swf is AVM1,
              you'll need to use localConnection for the communicate. If it is AVM2, you
              can just dispatch events as usual.

HTH;

Amy