2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2008 5:13 AM by Newsgroup_User

using table cells as nav buttons

Doc_666 Level 1
      Hi to all

I manage a fairly large website that I have generated from scratch a few years ago. I have always tightly controlled the layout and text formats through CSS, but am now being ‘forced’ to use a corporate-type template with an incredibly slow and cumbersome online editor. I am in the process of re-creating the template with DW so that I have local control and much easier design/coding tools. One of the thing I need to re-create is a rollover nav bar that re-sizes when the text size is increased by the user and stretches with different window sizes and screen sizes …etc. I propose to use a table layout to allow this re-sizing to happen, but can find no way of using individual cells within the table as rollover buttons. I’d appreciate some help in trying to figure out how best to achieve this effect.

Thanks in advance

Doc
        • 1. Re: using table cells as nav buttons
          Doc_666 Level 1
          oops - sorry for the double post - didn't think the first one had been sent!
          • 2. Re: using table cells as nav buttons
            Level 7
            http://apptools.com/examples/tdcolor.php

HTH

"Doc_666" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ggol0a$41q$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hi to all
            >
            > I manage a fairly large website that I have generated from scratch a few
            > years
            > ago. I have always tightly controlled the layout and text formats through
            > CSS,
            > but am now being ?forced? to use a corporate-type template with an
            > incredibly
            > slow and cumbersome online editor. I am in the process of re-creating the
            > template with DW so that I have local control and much easier
            > design/coding
            > tools. One of the thing I need to re-create is a rollover nav bar that
            > re-sizes
            > when the text size is increased by the user and stretches with different
            > window
            > sizes and screen sizes ?etc. I propose to use a table layout to allow this
            > re-sizing to happen, but can find no way of using individual cells within
            > the
            > table as rollover buttons. I?d appreciate some help in trying to figure
            > out how
            > best to achieve this effect.
            >
            > Thanks in advance
            >
            > Doc
            >
            >