11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2008 4:41 PM by kglad

email form problems

GumpsterF Level 1
      I am trying to get a simple as2 email flash cs3 form to work on our goDaddy hosted server. They are not sure how to help. Their advice is to change the extension from .php to .php5. Does anyone have as2 Flash script and php script that will make a email form work on goDaddy? I am posting my code for both that does not work now.
        • 1. Re: email form problems
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          your headers variable has a typo.
          • 2. Re: email form problems
            GumpsterF Level 1
            quite right, yes, thanks kglad. But it is still erroring out.

• 3. Re: email form problems
              use the onData event of receiveLoad and see what error message you're getting.
              • 4. Re: email form problems
                oops, why are you using an absolute url to that php script? is that a cross-domain call? if so, you probably have a security issue.
                • 5. Re: email form problems
                  GumpsterF Level 1
                  Hi kglad. One. not sure how to "use the onData event of receiveLoad and see what error message you're getting." Sorry, don't use as2 very much. Two. I am doing all this on the same domain, so there should not be any security issues.
                  I asked goDaddy what the problem might be and this was their (snarky) reply;
                  "As you have already been informed, when using a flash form on your site, in the scripting for the form you will need to reference our SMTP server at relay-hosting.secureserver.net and this server does not require authentication."
                  They gave me this code a couple of days ago and told me to stick this into my PHP code. It didn't help.
                  This is beyond me I am afraid.

• 6. Re: email form problems
                    if they have sample html code for a form using their emailer, post that. it should include the two variable/values you just posted plus others.
                    • 7. Re: email form problems
                      GumpsterF Level 1
                      They don't have a html sample code for a form, but they do have a asp and php code generator on their site where you enter a email address and they generate three files and post them on the root level of your domain. They generate a gdform.php, a gdform.php.bak and a gdform.asp. You also have the option of having your site hosted with a Unix or a Windows server. We chose the Windows one, I wonder if that is the problem? I am posting the code of the .php and the .asp files. (The php.bak file is identical to the .php file.) Forrest
                      • 8. Re: email form problems
                        there must be a sample form that shows how to use those scripts.
                        • 9. Re: email form problems
                          GumpsterF Level 1
                          kglad, I will have a look for a sample html from and let you know and let you know.
                          Also I though I should mention in case it is important, we originally had this running on a UNIX server with them, but moved it over to a Windows server a few months ago, to have multiple FTP's apparently, and when we did that all our RSS echo php's stopped working. We researched it and wrote our own php.ini file, opening the URL, which solved that problem. I wonder if that might be part of the issue? It is called php5.ini and resides on the root level of our server. Here is the code if it helps.
                          • 10. Re: email form problems
                            GumpsterF Level 1
                            kglad, I found the problem. It was with the way the php code was formatted.
                            It was giving me errors because it did not understand the "\n" for a return. Once I replaced that with "\r" it was fine.
                            I feel like such a moron. So the proper PHP code for a goDaddy Windows server is...
                            • 11. Re: email form problems
                              all's well that ends well.