3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 10:08 AM by mentlity

AC Run Active Content Question

mentlity Level 1
      I have to redo a site that has one Flash movie in each page, the new pages simply need to be nested in a css sheet so the swf movies play in the center of the new html page. So I attach the css sheet to the html page, save it, save the css sheet to the site root and make sure it is linked in the header. When I publish the html page I do not see the Flash movie, I do see the AC Run in the header being called from the script folder in the site root, any help?
        • 1. Re: AC Run Active Content Question
          Level 7
          Can you show us?

mentlity wrote:
          > I have to redo a site that has one Flash movie in each page, the new pages
          > simply need to be nested in a css sheet so the swf movies play in the center of
          > the new html page. So I attach the css sheet to the html page, save it, save
          > the css sheet to the site root and make sure it is linked in the header. When I
          > publish the html page I do not see the Flash movie, I do see the AC Run in the
          > header being called from the script folder in the site root, any help?
          >
          • 2. Re: AC Run Active Content Question
            dr.moondog Level 1
            Dreamweaver create folder name Scripts and in this folder You can find 2 files:

AC_ActiveX.js
            AC_RunActiveContent.js

This is usually with sites done with older versions of DW. When You edit , for example, page done in DW8 in DW CS3, Dreamweaver ask You to convert some tags to browser-safe scripts. After that DW makes folder Scripts with 2 files mentioned above. Upload this folder to Your server and all works.

I hope You'll solve it.
            • 3. Re: AC Run Active Content Question
              mentlity Level 1
              I just realized that if you do not upload the files to a server you will not be able to see the swf in any page as AC Run Content does not work in preview in browser. I think I just answered my own question.

thx
              edref