2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2008 5:19 AM by Newsgroup_User

absolute images

kammphoto
      Hello

I am placing images on my web images (gif buttons). I used absolute to place them over my header. The problem is that design view, IE7, and Firefox display them diffrently. Firefox displays them to the right and IE7 to the left. I have read one response explaining the positioning, but I am still unclear. I am using one of Dreamweavers CSS templates. What if I put each button in a Div? Thanks for the help. Also any recommendations on a Dreamweaver cs4 book.
        • 1. Re: absolute images
          kammphoto Level 1
          Got it. I read the other post. Make container relative and the buttons absolute.
          • 2. Re: absolute images
            Level 7
            Let's see your page, please.

> Also any recommendations on a Dreamweaver cs4 book.

I recommend that you spend you learning time with HTML and CSS. When you
            become comfortable with these, you will be able to teach yourself DW. Learn
            the technology, not the tool.

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"kammphoto" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ggach5$olr$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello
            >
            > I am placing images on my web images (gif buttons). I used absolute to
            > place
            > them over my header. The problem is that design view, IE7, and Firefox
            > display
            > them diffrently. Firefox displays them to the right and IE7 to the left.
            > I
            > have read one response explaining the positioning, but I am still unclear.
            > I am
            > using one of Dreamweavers CSS templates. What if I put each button in a
            > Div?
            > Thanks for the help. Also any recommendations on a Dreamweaver cs4 book.
            >