11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 1:13 PM by injpix

Flex Builder 3 features

FabioIKO Level 1
      I use FlashDevelop to programming in Flash AS3.
      It is a free and very good open source software.
      Recently I bought Flex Builder 3 and I'm liking it. But I can't find somethings that is very usefull.
      FlashDevelop has code snippet editor, shortcut to create properties and functions, shortcut to collapses folding and template to create new classes,
      Has Flex Builder these features?
      Can I install any pluging in Eclipse? A code snippet editor, for example? Which and how?
      Can I remove the dialog to create AS classes and use a template text?
      Where can I find a shortcuts list of Flex?
        • 2. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
          FabioIKO Level 1
          Thanks for your answer.
          But:
          1. I'm looking for a code snippet editor. To store my own codes and easilly apply to MXML editor. Can I install code snippet editor plugin in Eclipse?
          2. Can I remove the dialog to create AS classes and use a template text?
          3. Can I create shortcuts to create properties in AS3?

Thanks
          • 3. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
            Level 7

"FabioIKO" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ggbnjo$fk1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Thanks for your answer.
            > But:
            > 1. I'm looking for a code snippet editor. To store my own codes and
            > easilly
            > apply to MXML editor. Can I install code snippet editor plugin in Eclipse?
            > 2. Can I remove the dialog to create AS classes and use a template text?
            > 3. Can I create shortcuts to create properties in AS3?

Try control+space. Also, check out the shortcuts that are available to you
            I think the shortcut to display that is something like Ctrl+Alt+L or
            Ctrl+Shift+L

• 4. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
              FabioIKO Level 1
              Ok, I will make a last attempt...
              Each programmer has their owner blocks of codes.
              I need store that blocks. Then I choose on a list which I desire to use.
              I click on it and it is inserted within the MXML or AS3 code I'm editing.
              It is called "Snippets editor". Not autocompletion (ctrl+space)!
              A way to store my codes and reuse them wherever I need.
              Has Flex 3 the possibility of add a plug-in like that?
              I yet locate so plug-in but I don't know how insert it in Flex.
              http://www.valachnet.cz/lvanek/java/Eclipse/index.html
              • 5. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                injpix Level 3
                in FlexBuilder IDE:
                Window> Other Views...> General> Snippets
                • 6. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                  FabioIKO Level 1
                  Thanks.
                  But in my Flex 3 Standard there is no Snippets in Window> Other Views...> General>.
                  What is wrong?

Help>Product details>Configuration details>View error log there are several errors.

Can you help me?

• 7. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                    injpix Level 3
                    My View error log also has a plethora of errors; I don’t know the significance of them.

Go to: Help> Product details> Plug-in Details.

Under ‘Plug-in Name’ do you have an item name ‘Snippets View’? The Plug-in Id is the following: ‘org.eclipse.wst.common.snippets’. If you don’t have this then I would suspect that for some reason it didn’t get installed in your build or I installed something that required this to be installed.

Have you updated FlexBuilder since you installed it?
                    • 8. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                      FabioIKO Level 1
                      The org.eclipse.wst.common.snippets ins't in Help> Product details> Plug-in Details...
                      I yet install update but it had broken Flex.
                      A message at starting of the software didn't allows Flex run .
                      As I was testing, I didn't think twice: I reinstalled.
                      Now that I update Eclipse I'll try again.
                      Any message I post here.
                      Would you know from what site you got snippets plug-in?
                      I found org.eclipse.wst.common.snippets but the update only can be made from a site. At least I understand so...
                      • 9. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                        FabioIKO Level 1
                        As I feared, the error message happened at the installaion ending.
                        It's seems that I have a newer Eclipse version.
                        Even that the Flex opened!
                        Must I do anything to fix it?

!SESSION 2008-11-24 09:36:19.025 -----------------------------------------------
                        eclipse.buildId=unknown
                        java.version=1.5.0_11
                        java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
                        BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=pt_BR
                        Framework arguments: -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command install -from file:\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site/ -featureId com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone -version 3.0.214193
                        Command-line arguments: -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command install -from file:\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3\com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site/ -featureId com.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone -version 3.0.214193

!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.core 4 0 2008-11-24 09:36:22.931
                        !MESSAGE Featurecom.adobe.flexbuilder.feature.standalone 3.0.214193cannot be found onfile:/C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 3/com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site/
                        or a newer version is already installed.
                        • 10. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                          injpix Level 3
                          Looking at my history of installs; I might have installed that plug-in when I installed eclipse’s Web Tools Platform. At the time, I just want to have a XML editor/viewer; so I had to install several other plug-ins to accomplish that goal.
                          • 11. Re: Flex Builder 3 features
                            injpix Level 3
                            Looking at my history of installs; I might have installed that plug-in when I installed eclipse’s Web Tools Platform. At the time, I just want to have a XML editor/viewer; so I had to install several other plug-ins to accomplish that goal.