2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2008 9:56 AM by Newsgroup_User

    presumable compiling problem

    daniel_veiga
      Hello,
      I'm using Director MX 2004(10.1) and I'm having the following problem:

      sometimes I have sript errors that "disapear"
      when I recompile the behavior or the movie script where they occur. The bugs
      don't seam "logical"
      and, for example, when I get one sript error alert for an undefined handler, the name of the handler is strange and can vary: normaly is a cardinal(#) followed by a strange caracter which varies. More recently I got those "ilogical" bugs but the aim was a list which, in debug mode, also have a strange name("M" for example). Last friday I had to "strugle" to publish: in editing mode I recompiled to "see" it working but the projector didn't had the same luck, until "by chance" I made it. I'm working on this project for a few months and this happened in two moments.

      Thanks
        • 1. Re: presumable compiling problem
          fazstp Level 2
          Do you see the error when you are compiling the movie or while running it? I have seen undefined handler errors when using BuddyAPI batch copy functions. I could never find the handlers named in the errors anywhere in my scripting and found that if I removed some files from the folder I was trying to copy it would name a different handler in the error.
          • 2. Re: presumable compiling problem
            Level 7
            I see this sometimes when MIAW's or other objects for that matter, are not
            disposed of properly and they persist in memory creating errors when the
            project is re-run.

            "daniel_veiga" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ggj9nc$9av$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello,
            > I'm using Director MX 2004(10.1) and I'm having the following problem:
            >
            > sometimes I have sript errors that "disapear"
            > when I recompile the behavior or the movie script where they occur. The
            > bugs
            > don't seam "logical"
            > and, for example, when I get one sript error alert for an undefined
            > handler,
            > the name of the handler is strange and can vary: normaly is a cardinal(#)
            > followed by a strange caracter which varies. More recently I got those
            > "ilogical" bugs but the aim was a list which, in debug mode, also have a
            > strange name("M" for example). Last friday I had to "strugle" to publish:
            > in
            > editing mode I recompiled to "see" it working but the projector didn't had
            > the
            > same luck, until "by chance" I made it. I'm working on this project for a
            > few
            > months and this happened in two moments.
            >
            > Thanks
            >