8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2010 12:37 PM by Critterlover1075

Name Displayed in Title Bar

JimRota
      When I view the help file (View Primary Layout), it displays TESS 5.0 Online Help in the Title Bar.

I am wondering how to change this?

• 1. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi Jim

And the help format would be? (.CHM, WebHelp, FlashHelp, JavaHelp, Oracle Help, AIR Help)

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
            JimRota Level 1
            WinHelp2000
            • 3. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
              Ahhh I see. Seems you are using RoboHelp for Word, no?

Hmmm, digging into deep recesses of memory here. Haven't used that app in several years. I just opened mine (Version 7) and it would seem that if you look in this location:

Project Settings > Project Title field

You may be able to influence it there.

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick
              • 4. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
                JimRota Level 1
                Hi Rick,

I tried doing that but it doesn't change...

I think it's because I started this project by copying an old one and renaming it...

Jim
                • 5. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
                  Hi again

The only other place I can think of is to try expanding the Project folder and then the Windows folder. See if you are able to edit the Window properties.

Cheers... Rick
                  • 6. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
                    JimRota Level 1
                    Hurray!

That worked!

Have another question: what is the difference between WinHelp2000 and WinHelp4?

• 7. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
                      Yay!

Okay, here's the deal. First there was 16 bit WinHelp. Basically, these were simple files compiled into .HLP format. But they lacked any form of a Table of Contents type of navigation. Then Microsoft updated the .HLP and created 32 bit WinHelp. This introduced a new file. The .CNT file. This file allowed a nice Table of Contents but opened in a window that was separate from the .HLP it was associated with. eHelp (the owners of RoboHelp at that time) created a proprietary format known as WinHelp 2000. This was a format that unified the TOC on the left of a window with topics on the right of a window. This format is very near what HTML Help looks like when it displays. (HTML Help is Microsoft's .CHM format and the WinHelp replacement)

Cheers... Rick
                      • 8. Re: Name Displayed in Title Bar
                        Critterlover1075

One more thing I'd like to add, which I just discovered.

If you are creating a CHM (MS Help file) and have set the language for the project to "French (France)" (as in my case), then the title you enter in this window will never appear in the titlebar of the compiled CHM. The title will be the type of output. I had to change the language of the project to English and recompile in order for the title of the project to appear in the title bar.

Please note that this might not apply to a project set to a language other than French. I (and probably you) have learned that nothing is consistent with flukes like this in RoboHelp.

Cheers,

Marlo