6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2009 5:16 PM by Sami@Adobe

Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?

GA_Anderson Level 1
      At my school, I wanted to show students the nuances of the Kuler system but unfortunately they only have CS3 which has Flash Version 9. The current Kuler says it needs 10 to open. Although they plan to install CS4 sometime in the Spring it's an act of Congress to get anything done beforehand. Is there any way that Kuler will open with Flash 9?

Thanks.
        • 1. Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
          PMM Adobe Employee
          Hi there,

Thanks for supporting Kuler and sharing it with your students! Flash Player is a free application, and does not require an upgrade to CS4. To use the Kuler website, you need the latest version of Flash Player (Flash Player 10). You can download Flash Player 10 directly from the Kuler website or by following this link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Please let us know if you run into any issues with the download.

Thanks,
          The Kuler Team
          • 2. Re: Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
            GA_Anderson Level 1
            Thanks for the response. I do realize that Flash Version 10 is a free update, but installing ANY download without having to go though Administrative back flips at the college is an extreme effort. Even with channel requests, etc. the chances are that it wouldn't make its way through until mid-winter which is when they plan to install CS4 anyway. I was just wondering if there was a way to get it to run under Flash Version 9.

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
              Todd_Dooley
              We have the same issue with my company. We are not able to download FlashPlayer 10, as it causes issues with our current eLearning software. Are there any plans to make Kuler compatible for players 9 AND 10?
              • 4. Re: Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
                PMM Adobe Employee
                We’re sorry you're experiencing these issues. Kuler is pushing the limits of what can be done online, and for Kuler that requires being on the latest version of the Flash platform.

Have you considered using the Kuler Desktop AIR application, the Kuler panels inside CS4 (PS, AI, ID, FW, and FL) or the Apple Widget? These are not intended to replace the Kuler website, but at least you can access Kuler themes from these tools.

Thanks again for supporting Kuler.

Best regards,
                The Kuler Team
                • 5. Re: Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
                  ihatekuler
                  I agree with the other posters. While gaining permission to install the update is not an issue at my school, having to install an update multiple times during a semester is. We re-image hundreds of PCs prior to the start of each semester. Having to manually install a Flash update several times per semester, just so that one website will work, is not realistic. Please consider users who are managing more than one PC!
                  • 6. Re: Can Kuler be opened in Flash Version 9?
                    Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
                    Hi, for the people with multiple machine install pains, you may wish to look into becoming a licensed distributor of Flash Player. We offer a number of different installer packages that make it easier to deploy Player updates across an organization. More information is available here: http://www.adobe.com/products/players/fpsh_distribution1.html