7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2007 6:20 AM by Eddie Lotter

Zoom!!!

Please, is there any plugin or tutorial that can allow me to zoom in and out of my footage, I've been looking around for stuff to help but I can't find anything on the subject- I realize you can zoom into footage at a fixed point but thats not quite what I want, I mean zoom that slowly zooms into a clip and can slowly zoom out. The zoom transitions aren't what I hoped for and I can't find any zoom effect to work with! The best I've found is the Camera View effect where you can change the amount of closeness in the footage but it doesn't gradually zoom in its just fixed. Anyone know what I mean? I'd very much appreciate something or some help-- I desperately need that additional effect! Please help..
      Thanks
      x
        • 1. Re: Zoom!!!
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5
          You need to use the Scale and Position properties of the built-in Motion Effect. Keyframes are the solution.
          • 2. Re: Zoom!!!
            Curt Wrigley Level 4
            This tutorial was created in version 1.5 of PPRO, but shows exactly what you are asking for. The motion settings work pretty much the same in ver 3. I hope it is helpful for you.

http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial/tutdes_ppro_photowall.htm

Curt Wrigley
            • 3. Re: Zoom!!!
              Level 1
              hey thanks for answer, but I'm still bit confused on how to make it zoom, I tried chopping the clip into small cut frames and increasing its scale percentage accordingly but it came out bit jittery and not what I had in mind.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVk-wl2s60E
              ^^This is the Sony Vegas version and it shows how to zoom in/out into a certain point in the footage- is there not anything similar on Adobe? Does seem a bit disappointing to think there isn't since it would be a much used effect on the software as I'm sure a lot of others would want to use it. Is there no 3rd party plugins that have the same effect? Referring back to the Motion Effect Scale + Positions part could you perhaps describe the process in gradually zooming into/out of the footage, I gave it my best but I'm pretty hopeless, it would be very helpful. Sorry for moaning, I just really need this effect fast!
              • 4. Re: Zoom!!!
                Level 1
                Ah thanks for the link cwrig, I'll be sure to give it a try! Thanks x
                • 5. Re: Zoom!!!
                  Steven L. Gotz Level 5
                  Don't chop it up. Use keyframes. Move to the next point on the timeline, set the keyframe, move to the next point and change the scale and position.

Whatch the tutorials and understand the keyframes.
                  • 6. Re: Zoom!!!
                    Level 1
                    Ahh savior thanks so much guys!!! Sorted- I didn't realize how easy it is! Thanks a mill
                    x
                    • 7. Re: Zoom!!!
                      Eddie Lotter Level 4

You will also find links to many free tutorials in the Premiere Pro Wiki that will quickly show you how things are done in PPro.

Cheers
                      Eddie

Forum FAQ
                      Premiere Pro Wiki
                      - Over 250 frequently answered questions
                      - Over 100 free tutorials
                      - Maintained by editors like you